Home

Madden Nation On ESPN2

This is a discussion on Madden Nation On ESPN2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #25
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Madden Nation On ESPN2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I have not even tried watching an episode this season. Watched a few from last season. I can't stomach the hip-hop,easy swag, ultra cool, been in the wars attitudes all of them have. Betcha a dollar to a donut that the over/under of plays played in a real football game by every one of these guys would be 2. I would put the dollar on under.

A funny thought came to my mind as I was reading some of the smack talk comments. I hate the smack talking, but the smack talking done by Vince Vaughn in The BreakUp was classic. "How do you feel about what just happened?"
Agreed...That Vince Vaughn trash talk scene WAS classic. Madden Nation has to be the most pathetic show I've ever seen. I remember there was this one dude on the show last yr who was like about to cry after losing a game. The Oakland fan...

And yea...If one of them kids was all in my face like that I would break their jaw too...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2007, 09:58 AM   #26
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

Also, that show does absolutely nothing in terms of giving the audience tips on how to become better players. I think much more people will watch a Madden related TV show if it's tips and strategy oriented, rather than a reality show centering around videogame-induced drama which provides absolutely zero intrigue. Think about it, drama/spectacle based on playing videogaming, performed by a bunch of no personality punks with with no differentiation in terms of character.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:47 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

Watched it 2 times..... Thought it might have been intuitive gameplaywise......Think I made my point.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:19 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367
There was a female participant? How did she look? I've heard (while I was very high on crack) that female Madden gamers are every bit as hot as Cowboys cheerleaders.
she was almost cute... if you seen her in the street, you might holler, but she wasn't anything special.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:44 PM   #29
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by laforr77
she was almost cute... if you seen her in the street, you might holler, but she wasn't anything special.

She's cute. I would love to have a gf who's also a lab partner / rival. Make a bet before playing a game, the loser have to perform oral on the other. Now that's a win-win situation.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:09 PM   #30
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

I caught an episode of this last night....all I can say is .
There is no mention of actual strategy,it all comes down to who is the better cheeser (imo).
That one dude...I think his name was Steele or something like that...admitted when he did his little "strategy" talk,that all he was gonna run was streaks..
I also noticed (as mentioned earlier) all these guys did was roll out,and when they didn't it was just for screens.

As a side note......what level are they playing on? The reason I ask is I noticed what seemed to be ALOT of long field goals,with plenty of distance left over.
Also what is the time of the quarters?
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 10-25-2007, 04:46 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 17

Yeah, there's alot of loud in-your-face trash talking over a freakin' video game. Me personally, somebody gets in my face like that they popped in the mouth. I definitely would not put up with that. If you can't act civil and sportsman-like then we have problems. Doing that ****e online behind from the comfort and safety of your home is one thing, doing it in person is quite another.....especially in front of cameras.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2007, 05:39 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Yeah, there's alot of loud in-your-face trash talking over a freakin' video game. Me personally, somebody gets in my face like that they popped in the mouth. I definitely would not put up with that. If you can't act civil and sportsman-like then we have problems. Doing that ****e online behind from the comfort and safety of your home is one thing, doing it in person is quite another.....especially in front of cameras.
It's all for fun tho... If you notice after almost every game, cats is still smiling and shaking hands and whatnot. The show is for the cameras. How interesting is a show where people only play video games? Gotta have something else, and trash-talking is humorous (most of the time).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »