Home

My season stats and other thoughts.

This is a discussion on My season stats and other thoughts. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2007, 03:52 AM   #1
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8
My season stats and other thoughts.

I just played the Cowboys, in the conference finals at Lambeau in the snow. It was a ridiculous game of NFL. Dallas refused to run the ball

At halftime Romo had thrown 6 picks, 4 to Al Harris, there were 3 fumbles, 1 by their KR'er and 2 by JJ. Meanwhile Favre (me) had thrown 1 pick, and Jackson had 2 fumbles, Morency 1 fumble Driver 1 fumble and clowney 1 fumble on the KR.

All in all at the half there was 14 TO's. There were two more fumbles but one was overturned (I challenged for the Cowboys, since the AI refuses to challenge), the other was Romo but it was recovered by the Cowboys ...

This game does have a problem. You do get a lot of good games where the TO's are believable/ bearable, but you get far too many games where they are absurd. LT will never fumble it 4 times in one game, and Romo will never throw 6 picks before a half in the snow in a conference final.

Some of my season stats were:

Jackson led the NFL in fumbles with 13 (I do use the RB-coverup button, but if you rush alot it happens over the course of a season.

Patrick Willis (my only trade, for my favorite NCAA player) led the league in tackles 148, the next closet was K.Mitchell of the Giants with 122.

Willis led the league in INTS with 16, set a new hall of fame record, the next was Webster with 13

Willis in DEF TD's with 12

Willis with tackles for loss with 46, in fact my team had the top 5 slots with daylight next.

Favre led the league with INTS, 27 (he also had 31 TD's) and sacks 57 times he was sacked.

Driver set a new hall of fame record with 2000+ rec yards and 23 TD's

I played every single game, and not one of my players recorded double figures for Pancakes. Clifton had the most sacks allowed however ...

I ended up beating the cowboys 44 to 23 after I simmed the 2nd half, now I'm in he SB Vs the Pats, but to be honest I dunno if I could be bothered with playing it.

I did enjoy the game, for a long time. I must have played 40+ games. But in the end all the little things like unrealistic TO's, no AI challenges, the lack of O-Line effectiveness and production, the weapons are more hindrance than help, the field physics are whack. The field needs to be wider, and the camera angle higher so you can see both your wideouts (this would also stop the superhuman LB'er jumping picks) ... I could go on but I'm sure ya'll get the point.

This game will be very good, if not the best madden of all time next year. It has all the makings, and so many things are done so well. The running game is the best of any football game ever. The graphics, animations, and player models are excellent.

If EA can iron out the obvious problems To's, free agents, redo the whole franchise, stamp out the bugs -especially with editing - add some crowd involvement and atmosphere, especially home team specifics, and playoff games, we'll be in for a good time of it ... Next year

Thanks for reading.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »