Home

Broken Franchise (Free Agency and Draft Evidence)

This is a discussion on Broken Franchise (Free Agency and Draft Evidence) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #9
Rookie

Deelron's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Broken Franchise (Free Agency and Draft Evidence)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laforr77
Okay... so I spent some time today looking into this and I need to know... do the Free Agents "disappear" or do they get signed and nobody gets cut?
They seem to flat disappear from the list, or the game but definitely not signed.. I actually had a season where the Pats. didn't resign Randy Moss, and he went through the Free Agency period and wasn't offered a contract. I thought it was pretty weird, but figured it was pretty cool, I'd probably pick him up after signing my rookies when the new season started. Started up the new season and he was absolutely gone, he didn't appear on any team, wasn't retired, and didn't appear on any stats when I simmed the season to see if he was just hidden (and plenty of CPU teams lost a WR, you'd figure they'd sign the only one above 79 if they could).
Old 10-08-2007, 02:41 PM   #10
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

One thing i have noticed about madden is..... Its a good multiplayer/exhibition game but as far as singleplayer goes i dont really enjoy it.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:59 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 11

Wow Marktg30,..you really do have lots of time on your,..LOL!!

But never the less,..very job,..you are very observant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelron
They seem to flat disappear from the list, or the game but definitely not signed.. I actually had a season where the Pats. didn't resign Randy Moss, and he went through the Free Agency period and wasn't offered a contract. I thought it was pretty weird, but figured it was pretty cool, I'd probably pick him up after signing my rookies when the new season started. Started up the new season and he was absolutely gone, he didn't appear on any team, wasn't retired, and didn't appear on any stats when I simmed the season to see if he was just hidden (and plenty of CPU teams lost a WR, you'd figure they'd sign the only one above 79 if they could).
Damn... well, there goes my thinking. There is no way this kind of bug is not noticed... you don't even have to play the games to see that there is a problem. This is what we would call a P2 bug and products shouldn't ship with a P2 bug. If Tiburon thinks this isn't a high priority bug they're wildin'. EA lost.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:09 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 7

The patch is called Madden 09..
Old 10-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven123
The patch is called Madden 09..
...if we're lucky.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:39 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 29

I took a break from Mid-Term studying because I wanted to play my Franchise and realized that I should take time to document this problem.... It isn't good practice to sell a faulty product. So I figure instead of complaining about it with baseless reasoning I would take an hour or two and put it into basic numbers so EA can understand....

I did send them an email about it (with my findings) and still have not heard back from them.... I guess they are thinking.....

"Shiznit, we got caught!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2007, 09:56 AM   #16
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

The official patch date was on October 2nd...That's the day NBA 2K8 dropped and I traded my Madden in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »