Home

My experience with EA

This is a discussion on My experience with EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2007, 04:38 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: My experience with EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I would say it does.....how much better do you think APF would've sold HAD it had the NFL?? To use your analogy.....do you think Madden would sell as well WITHOUT the license?? I would venture to say no.
So how would this be viewed as "having competition"??
Because 2K has enough of a reputation amongst hardcore sports gamers that it really shouldn't matter so much. Of course the casual players will pick up Madden just because of the words "Madden" and "NFL". But lets not try to imply that had APF been able to go head to head w/ Madden as an NFL game it would've dented Madden sales all that much. It wouldn't have. Sure, it would've sold more copies than it did no doubt, but as long as there's a Madden NFl video game it will always be the top seller. Too much history behind it.

Quote:
Of course Madden has sold alot on current gen (360 ps3) why?? because it's the onLy NFL LICENSED GAME. I would be willing to bet that IF 2k was still in the game (with license) those numbers would be MUCH closer.
They'd be closer, but not "much" closer. They never were before when they did have the license. Yeah I know 2K sold more on xbox.........but on PS2 (which had many millions more units in place all over the world) it wasn't even close. And don't forget how many platforms Madden is on. No, the numbers wouldn't have been "close" at all.

Quote:
Remember....the year 2k made a dent in closing in on Maddens sales was NFL 2k5.....the rest....as they say is history.
That's the effects of competition.....not releasing a legends game (without license) against an NFL licensed product.
They made a dent on Xbox, not all around.

Quote:
Um yea ok
It's true.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:46 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
It's true.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:18 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

They didn't have to not include the features in Madden 06 on Next Gen...as I am pretty sure the first Madden PS2 game included all of the features of the Madden PSOne game and had updated graphics and a new engine.

And to call an engine which behaves very similarly to the last gen engine "new", is a bit of a stretch. There is still an AI comeback coding in the game, a complete lack of actual gameplay by the DB AI (see jetpacking). These and numerous other things existed in the last gen of Madden and managed somehow magically to appear in this gen of Madden. They didn't start from scratch, they altered their existing engine to perform on next gen systems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2007, 07:34 PM   #52
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Because 2K has enough of a reputation amongst hardcore sports gamers that it really shouldn't matter so much. Of course the casual players will pick up Madden just because of the words "Madden" and "NFL". But lets not try to imply that had APF been able to go head to head w/ Madden as an NFL game it would've dented Madden sales all that much. It wouldn't have. Sure, it would've sold more copies than it did no doubt, but as long as there's a Madden NFl video game it will always be the top seller. Too much history behind it.

They'd be closer, but not "much" closer. They never were before when they did have the license. Yeah I know 2K sold more on xbox.........but on PS2 (which had many millions more units in place all over the world) it wasn't even close. And don't forget how many platforms Madden is on. No, the numbers wouldn't have been "close" at all.

They made a dent on Xbox, not all around.

Uh....yea they did make a dent all around whether you want to admit it or not.
Again...whether you want to admit it or not,the football market was just beginning to be ALOT closer,as evidence....all you have to do is look at reviews for the time.
Had there been a 2k6...the numbers would've been that much closer,failure to realize that is pure foolishness.

Need evidence?? here you go.

NFL 2k5(PS2) = 87.7%
Madden NFL 05(PS2)=90.3%
Madden NFL 06(PS2)=85.5%
Madden NFL 07(PS2)=84.4%

NFL 2k5(XBox) = 90.2%
Madden NFL 05 (Xbox)=89.5%
Madden NFL 06 (Xbox)=84.1%
Madden NFL 07 (Xbox)=81.8%

As Per Gamerankings.com
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 10-20-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #53
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHelix
And to call an engine which behaves very similarly to the last gen engine "new", is a bit of a stretch. There is still an AI comeback coding in the game, a complete lack of actual gameplay by the DB AI (see jetpacking). These and numerous other things existed in the last gen of Madden and managed somehow magically to appear in this gen of Madden. They didn't start from scratch, they altered their existing engine to perform on next gen systems.
EXACTLY. I've been saying this all along, funny how you STILL see the same things on a "new engine".
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 10-20-2007, 07:38 PM   #54
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
It's true.
Based on what?? your opinion?? Anybody with a half decent hdtv can tell you this is simply NOT true.
Quote:
Old 10-21-2007, 03:30 AM   #55
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Uh....yea they did make a dent all around whether you want to admit it or not.
Again...whether you want to admit it or not,the football market was just beginning to be ALOT closer,as evidence....all you have to do is look at reviews for the time.
Had there been a 2k6...the numbers would've been that much closer,failure to realize that is pure foolishness.

Need evidence?? here you go.

NFL 2k5(PS2) = 87.7%
Madden NFL 05(PS2)=90.3%
Madden NFL 06(PS2)=85.5%
Madden NFL 07(PS2)=84.4%

NFL 2k5(XBox) = 90.2%
Madden NFL 05 (Xbox)=89.5%
Madden NFL 06 (Xbox)=84.1%
Madden NFL 07 (Xbox)=81.8%

As Per Gamerankings.com
Just because 2k5 got good reviews is in no way indicative to sales. It didn't do well in that sales department, and would have done even worse had it not been $20.

And we also have no way of know that 2k's game would have translated well to next gen. For all we know we could be talking about two mediocre games instead of one. I seriously doubt 2k was going to catch up with Madden.

About Comeback AI, I wouldn't mind it at all if it just wasn't there in franchise. In Play Now or Online, fine, okay. Blowing out people in those avenues isn't fun, I want the game close. But in franchise, I don't want my defense to get shredded because my offense is doing too well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2007, 04:20 AM   #56
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Last update

I CAN START A FRANCHISE NOW!!!!!!!

In ncaa

No more need for garbage a## madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »