Home

Post problems - turning into EA tonight

This is a discussion on Post problems - turning into EA tonight within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2007, 08:03 PM   #9
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Post problems - turning into EA tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
What's 2k5 got to do with this??

Pretty contradictory...wouldn't you say?
I'm saying because people seem to fell that NFL 2k5 was God's gift to football. And they ignored the problems it had. It happens with a lot of games. Mlb 2k7 has the same Franchise Freezing glitch, and to most people, that is not a "game killer". But Madden has the glitch and it is unbelieveable that this could possibly happen and EA is the worst company at all. Even though EA is saying they'll fix that glitch in their game, and 2k ignored it in their's.

And I'm sorry, I meant "for the most part" Madden's glitches aren't that bad. And I honestly believe the Franchise glitch will be fixed (though I doubt turnovers, 2x ints will be addressed).

I'm just tired of people getting on EA (and not other companies) for doing what is the industry norm. There are bugs. But you know what there are bugs on every game. And it will only get worse now in the patching age. Look at PC games - they have been riddled with bugs for years, because they can be patched. You are seeing the same thing happen on consoles now.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #10
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
It's not crazy if Domino's managers are listening to new recipes and actually incorporating them. Switch that with EA and it's the same thing.

Exactly - how is this different than your computer sending error reports to microsoft when ever Explorer has problems and shuts down. And if you call an individual Domino's restaraunt and tall them that you pizza was a little undercooked, or what have you, then they will likely concentrate on making sure that doesn't happen to you or other customers again. Only a moronic company wouldn't use the views and experiences of their customers to improve their product. EA knows of the game's problems yes. But you know what, us as gamers can collect data far faster than any testers can for two reasons: 1) There are more of us 2) We have more varying styles of play. And never did we hear that EA was unaware of problems. We have heard that the individual customer service representative that HotShot spoke to had never heard of the problem.

I've never understood why people think that companies are intentionally trying to screw them over. That's ludicrous because, quite frankly, it is far more profitible, and in general easier, to make their money by satisfying your customers than having to do damage control.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:47 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
I'm just tired of people getting on EA (and not other companies) for doing what is the industry norm.
The industry NORM? I couldn't disagree more. There are many excellent titles out there that are quality-made on the next gen consoles. While hardly any game could claim to be 100% perfect, the difference with Madden is that its bugs and glitches render the game unplayable in the franchise mode (and some would argue gameplay as well-but those are other threads).

There's a difference between bugs that are inconsequential and bugs that dramatically alter the game experience. Madden is the latter.

People willing to give EA the benefit of the doubt and a pass to boot hardly discourage them from continuing this.

NFL2K? Couldn't care less. Exclusivity? It is what it is. EA is justly earning their reputation, and have done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt, IMHO.

Last edited by Flamehead; 10-19-2007 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2007, 09:25 PM   #12
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Where do I begin...

First...since I am a franchise guru I would have to state my issues with that...

Let's talk about the "Next Gen" franchise... Which is non-existent. All of the things we had on the xbox or PS2 are not there. There has been no innovations in franchise/owner mode on the 360 since the crossover. However, there have been plenty of bugs, and game killers to sprout up which leads me to believe you have no QA team or they all need to be fired. Enough w/ the rant...now the actual problems.

-No global packages
-No Undrafted FA's
-No Expansion Mode Feature
-Relocation...Why can't I just relocate a team...why do they have to change names, uniforms, logos?
-No realistic FA contracts (player options, team options, $$$)
-No IR that actually works
-No practice squad
-No AI that actually makes smart moves when drafting/signing FA's
***with that said... teams don't draft for need, they just take the best available player***AI is faulty here.
-Franchise Tag...Plain and simple it doesn't do what it is supposed to do.
-Player morale seems to have no effect to anything...Just a meter. Just cosmetic.
-Unrestricted FA's where did they go? Not on next gen...

GAMEPLAY
-Weather...Never changes throughout gameplay. Why? It used to. This is pathetic
-CPU Challenges in franchise games...I thought "if it's in the game, it's in the game". So then get w/ it. I wish I could sue EA for false advertising.
-Fumbles...WOW!!!! I didn't not know that LT could fumble the ball 4 times in a game. Maybe San Diego should trade him...Oh but wait, every other RB in Madden fumbles 4 or more times a game too. What's the point?
-Int's ...Need I say super DB's? Every corner is Champ Bailey, and Champ Bailey is no different than your run of the mill corner. They both perform the same. Picking off everythin, and moving to the ball like they are psychis. Maybe they are using the force?
-Blocking---whoa! I thought we fixed that EA? If so then why does Jon Runyan stand there and let a DB, LB, DE, DT run right by him like he is blind, and is Daredevil w/o his kane....???....

Bottom line EA...Save your alloted budget on advertising for Madden 09, and put it towards making an actual FOOTBALL game. Not the officially licensed peice of crap you come out w/ every year. Every year since next gen arrived all you've done is POLISH A TERD. I'm sick and tired of your lackluster Madden games. I WILL NOT BUY 09...AND I WILL NOT BECOME A VICTIM TO YOUR "FALSE" ADVERTISING.

XBL JBHIII703757 "MADDENITE" SIGNING OFF
Old 10-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #13
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I'm saying because people seem to fell that NFL 2k5 was God's gift to football. And they ignored the problems it had.
The problems in 2k5 didn't involve disappearing fa's and your franchise locking up due to this....BIG difference.
The problem with Madden, is this particular problem basically renders franchise worthless...again,BIG difference.

Quote:
It happens with a lot of games.
What are "alot" of these games you mention? I can't remember ANY football game in recent memory having this sort of issue.

Quote:
I'm just tired of people getting on EA (and not other companies) for doing what is the industry norm. There are bugs. But you know what there are bugs on every game.
The industry norm?? So not having the ability to play a franchise is now considered an "industry norm"?
Why shouldn't people get on EA about this?? This is their problem and they SHOULD be held accountable for it.
The folks that DON'T speak up and ignore this problem....ARE the problem,in essence those are the ones that are saying "everything is great" and "I love this game".
When you're the only NFL game in town,you better believe EA is going to get slack when Madden is released with this type of problem.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 10-20-2007, 05:55 PM   #14
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

[quote=EsaQue;2037841512]
I'm just tired of people getting on EA (and not other companies) for doing what is the industry norm. quote]

I do not understand why people on here feel the need to defend a developer or publisher etc. etc. etc.

Why does X person care what we say about a company that makes a game???

I mean do these people work there, do they have stock in the game, are they afraid that too much complaining will have some adverse effect?

I mean please... what is with it with you people that makes you wanna stick up for a company like EA? Even moreso...why do you feel the need or desire to have to stick up for them or defend them?

I just don't get it.

Why do you care what other people say...Or that matter, why other people would want to pursue a lawsuit?

Your happy w/ EA...good...And it doesn't just go for EA either. I can't stand 2K and the crap they have put out lately called a baseball game.

Anyways... WHY DO PEOPLE CARE WHAT WE...THE UN-HAPPY CONSUMERS...SAY OR DO ABOUT A COMPANY WHO MAKES A VIDEOGAME? WHY?
Old 10-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

[quote=JBH3;2037843020]
Quote:
I'm just tired of people getting on EA (and not other companies) for doing what is the industry norm. quote]

I do not understand why people on here feel the need to defend a developer or publisher etc. etc. etc.

Why does X person care what we say about a company that makes a game???

I mean do these people work there, do they have stock in the game, are they afraid that too much complaining will have some adverse effect?

I mean please... what is with it with you people that makes you wanna stick up for a company like EA? Even moreso...why do you feel the need or desire to have to stick up for them or defend them?

I just don't get it.

Why do you care what other people say...Or that matter, why other people would want to pursue a lawsuit?

Your happy w/ EA...good...And it doesn't just go for EA either. I can't stand 2K and the crap they have put out lately called a baseball game.

Anyways... WHY DO PEOPLE CARE WHAT WE...THE UN-HAPPY CONSUMERS...SAY OR DO ABOUT A COMPANY WHO MAKES A VIDEOGAME? WHY?
Maybe if you were enjoying the game you wouldn't want people crapping all over it and the company that makes it.

For example, I like the Halo franchise of games. If I was on a message board with people attacking bungie non-stop and making all kinds of potentially un-substantiated claims, I would back up bungie.

Maybe this seems simplistic, but people don't like it when other people say bad things about something they like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #16
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer348
I was on a message board with people attacking bungie non-stop and making all kinds of potentially un-substantiated claims, I would back up bungie.
Making un-substantial claims?? So...all of the problems with Madden are un-substantiated?? All of the stuff that's been mentioned about Madden are FACTS!! not just a bunch of folks fabricating problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer348
Maybe this seems simplistic, but people don't like it when other people say bad things about something they like.
So the answer to this problem (in your theory) is to ignore it??
Bottom line.....this is a Madden message board,expect the good AND the bad,this is not just about praise.......if folks enjoy the game, good for them,but to say "people don't like it when other people say bad things about something they like" is pure
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »