Home

Class Action Suit Against EA?

This is a discussion on Class Action Suit Against EA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2007, 11:11 AM   #49
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Class Action Suit Against EA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computalover
Video games are products you have to actually OPEN, and PLAY to measure its quality and playability. so we should be able to return the product. (I.E. Triple play all versions, the first mlb 2k? where you couldnt even MOVE THE FRIGGIN PLAYERS MAN!!, etc)
I'm not sure but I think you can't return games after they have been open because there are was to copy the game, so they will never start letting you take back opened games.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #50
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
I think thats the problem, people have way too much spare time when they start comparing games to cars and filing lawsuits.
I agree...been following these KINDS of arguments since Sierra/Dynamix fiasco with their game back in the 90s(gawd...was it really like 1997-98...holy....). Always fun to see the strawmen and herrings flyin around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
People that have busy lives and don't have time to run a gazillion franchise modes and just have time for season mode before the basketball season arrives for video gaming. Check!
Thats me...come on College Hoops COME ON!!!! MOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEE!

But I am also waiting on Rock Band too so, Hoops will keep my interest for about a week and then I will revisit it in March
Old 10-22-2007, 02:44 PM   #51
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHelix
I'm just looking to see what there is to be done, if anything, because I honestly feel screwed over by EA, and I've had enough of it after being a customer for a good amount of time

You feel screwed...by, in your opinion, a bad product...yet, you were still buying it.

And you want to sue over it???

Babes...you screwed yourself. EA didn't do it. You did.

Duh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2007, 02:53 PM   #52
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
You feel screwed...by, in your opinion, a bad product...yet, you were still buying it.

And you want to sue over it???

Babes...you screwed yourself. EA didn't do it. You did.

Duh.
we did it???????? this I don't understand your thinking and have no reason to want to expose all the errors EA has placed in one product to prove you wrong.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:01 PM   #53
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
we did it???????? this I don't understand your thinking and have no reason to want to expose all the errors EA has placed in one product to prove you wrong.
EA is not the only culprit in the industry to release games that doesn't satisfy the appetite.

You don't trust EA.

You don't trust their games.

You don't trust the reviews for their games.

Yet you keep buying the product?

So who's fault is that?

YOURS, buckaroo!!!

If I placed in front of a you a bowl of ****...and you knew it was going to taste like ****...and you still gobbled it down...you're not going to blame yourself???
Old 10-22-2007, 03:37 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
EA is not the only culprit in the industry to release games that doesn't satisfy the appetite.

You don't trust EA.

So who's fault is that?

YOURS, buckaroo!!!

If I placed in front of a you a bowl of ****...and you knew it was going to taste like ****...and you still gobbled it down...you're not going to blame yourself???
This is not a case of someone saying, "Here's a bowl of ..." This is the case of a company claiming the game works appropriately, but in some cases doesn't. Like you said though, it's not as if EA is the only one involved in putting out problemed games. MLB 2K6 by 2K Sports and its freezing issue on the 360 was a huge fiasco.

Imagine if one of EA's titles did what MLB 2K6 did.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:55 PM   #55
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K

You don't trust EA.

So who's fault is that?

YOURS, buckaroo!!!

You talk as if we are the reason for them releasing a half finished product. We are their large Beta team so to speak. Because their in house team sure did a poor job of finding all these issues. I mean it is not like a bug that is hard to find.

First go in and adjust ANY player. Boom mistake 1. That never popped out to ANYONE at EA.
Or what about go through 2 or 3 seasons and all the FA disappear. THAT never popped out to anyone either.

You sure are one blind consumer. You act as if we are supposed to be grateful EA graced us with this purchase and had us pay $60(FULL PRICE) for a product that HALF works.

Franchise does not and that is 75% of what madden is. All the deep stuff at least and all the hardcore coding. Yet it does not even work.

Son get off ya high horse, I am hurting my neck looking up at you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2007, 04:05 PM   #56
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
This is not a case of someone saying, "Here's a bowl of ..." This is the case of a company claiming the game works appropriately, but in some cases doesn't. Like you said though, it's not as if EA is the only one involved in putting out problemed games. MLB 2K6 by 2K Sports and its freezing issue on the 360 was a huge fiasco.

Imagine if one of EA's titles did what MLB 2K6 did.
Wait...how many games are supposed to work appropriately and don't?

All of them.

It's hardware and software in the works here. Everything is unpredictable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »