Home

Football And Video Games

This is a discussion on Football And Video Games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Football And Video Games

(Hey, posted this over in the general football board, too....This board looks like it gets a little more action, though..I apologize for doing a double post)

Hey all of you at Operation Sports! I've got a quick question for ya...I've been playing video game football for awhile now (2k, Madden, even the old Front Page Sports for those that know what I'm talking about...Heck, even Tecmo Super Bowl). I've gotten by pretty decently over the years, winning slightly more than losing, but I honestly don't understand the game of football as much I should. What I do know are the little quirks in the various games that can be used (throwing a bomb in older versions of madden), but I don't have a good grasp of the strategy involved in playing a game.

Normally this wouldn't bother me, but with the Madden series (and 2K when it was big) started putting a little more emphasis on knowing the fundamentals of the game as an edge in winning. I'm wondering where I can go or what I can read to understand the game a little better and maybe get a grasp on why certain matchups work better than others and how to read certain plays to be able to adapt to situations. I know I could just go to the bookstore and pick up some random books, but I thought I'd throw it out to the people and get your opinion on what I should do. Thanks!

CptDomano's 360 Blog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Football And Video Games

http://www.sportsgamer.com/madden/trainingcamp/

That should help
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »