Home

Madden Vision Passing: EA Wants To Hear Your Thoughts

This is a discussion on Madden Vision Passing: EA Wants To Hear Your Thoughts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2007, 04:41 PM   #9
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden Vision Passing: EA Wants To Hear Your Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
rename it......

field vision is not based on your peripheral vision, everyones vision cone should be the same size and it should be renamed "line of sight"

qb field vision happens pre-snap as they look over the defense, so they should implement something new for qb field vision that happens presnap.

qb field vison idea:
pre-snap, according to the play they could have different areas of the field light up indicating when a receiver would be open (not wide open ,or for how long he will be open,just open)depending on the qb awareness rating.(red= covered - blue=open). this can vary depending on the defensive rating of the opposing team. if the defense is really strong and real good at disguising their coverages the less time your qb vision colors appear,if the defense is weak and not really good at disguising their coverage the longer the qb vision colors appear.
this will not hamper or cheese up the gameplay. it would still be a challenge because you will still have to evaluate the defensive personnel on the field, you still have to figure out how long your receivers will be open ,you will still have to determine if the defense is in a zone or man coverage, you still have to swing your line of sight to the open receiver in order to make the pass, and you still have to make the appropritae throw be it a lob or a bullet.

just because a receiver is open does not mean he will catch it nor does it mean a DB can not arrive late and break up the play. just because a receiver is covered does not mean he can not make the catch, the decision on who to throw it to would still be up to you based on the matchups.

-another idead would be to have the colors fluctuate and jump around based on the strength of the defenses ability to disguise their coverage.

-they should also make it harder to read a defense if you come out of the huddle late and the play clock is winding down, and it should be especially difficult during road games.

...just a thought.
I like that idea. I was also thinking that maybe actually allow the qb to read the defense. Maybe see if the corners are in man. Or if the safties are in cover two. Or if they are bringing the blitz. You wouldn't be able to see the whole defense, just part. And if you are using a qb with lower awareness, then maybe they make the wrong reads.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:22 PM   #10
MVP

bukktown's Arena

Nobody uses the right stick for the vision cone anyways. Keep the cone. Eliminate the right stick from the equation.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:32 PM   #11
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Nobody uses the right stick for the vision cone anyways. Keep the cone. Eliminate the right stick from the equation.
I agree, I rarely if ever use the right stick to move the cone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2007, 05:54 PM   #12
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

Madden needs to implement a way for the QB to throw the ball away. Not out of bounds, but in the general direction of a receiver, so intentional grounding is not called. It would come in handy when the blitzes are as dominant as they are. It would also improve QB stats. I think it would be nice to be able to throw the ball out of the back of the end zone when the defense is after you. I doubt this will ever happen, and I doubt anyone outside sim gamers would really like the idea.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:56 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdog
Madden needs to implement a way for the QB to throw the ball away. Not out of bounds, but in the general direction of a receiver, so intentional grounding is not called. It would come in handy when the blitzes are as dominant as they are. It would also improve QB stats. I think it would be nice to be able to throw the ball out of the back of the end zone when the defense is after you. I doubt this will ever happen, and I doubt anyone outside sim gamers would really like the idea.
Amen.

I'm not sure how to implement it, but I'd love to see some sort of way to throw the ball away without it being intentional grounding. You want to cut down on the INTs? There's a way.

I actually kind of wish passing would revert back to the old days. Instead of every receiver having an icon, just have one icon for passing. Presnap you could set your progressions. Once the ball is snapped, the icon appears over your primary WR, you hit one of the triggers or something to move it to the secondary WR and so on - and X to pass to the WR the icon is over. I think that's a better representation of going through progressions.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:09 PM   #14
Pro

lbartlett_32's Arena

OVR: 7

Keep it like it is. The right stick thing can go, but I really like using and others don't so it is nice to have the option.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:55 PM   #15
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

You can use it offline without a problem, but with all the blitzing online it is nearly impossible to use. I actually love it, but just offline. it is better than the Pokemon weapon icons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #16
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdog
I think that is an excellent idea. I can't tell you how many times I want to throw it away with a slow QB like Peyton Manning, but would get called for an intentional grounding if I am not outside of the tackles.

That is one of the best ideas for madden I have heard in a while. It could be done by using one of the triggers while pressing the button for the receiver. Like use Left trigger and B to throw near Marvin Harrison if he is covered but out of bounds close enough so it wouldn't be considered intentional grounding.

Different QB's could be better at this than others. For instance, Rex Grossman would suck at this, and possibly throw a pick!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »