Home

New Madden Producer Blog (About patchs & updates)

This is a discussion on New Madden Producer Blog (About patchs & updates) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #41
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: New Madden Producer Blog (About patchs & updates)

Quote:
You and Pasta and others should not have to defend yourselfs to these people. Common sense will tell you why you all were there.
Hold on now we aren't defending ourselves nobody is attacking us in the first place. If someone has an issue or a question if we can answer it we will theres no harm in getting more information out there to the people.
Quote:
Bottom line, this is a in house EA issue NOT some community leaders around the country NOT catching the issues. They can catch them all day long and scream bloody murder about them it will NOT make EA go back and change all these issues before launch since they don't even touch the game until 2 weeks or so before the launch.

They can provide us with extra HONEST info EA won't BUT they don't run the company so lay off these guys.
The thing is like I stated before all sports games will continue to have minor and major glitches every year. Hopefully this year some things will change and something can be done but without a beta this will always be an issue just look back at the last 7 Madden games and you will find horrible glitches in them all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2007, 05:02 PM   #42
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
LOL..It also amazes me that none of these so called community leaders at these Community events find these gamekilling bugs..gameplay and fanchise related...
Quote:
So let me get this straight not once did you notice the DB's and LB's with eyes in the back of thier heads making plays on the ball..Not once did you notice the O-line play or lack thereof..not once did you notice the superfast ,superhuman canned tackling animations, not once did you notice the cpu hiking the ball with 25 seconds left on the clock, not once did you notice some of the decisions the CPU QB and offense in general make, not once did you go in and edit a player only to find his arms become the size of tree trunks...I can understand the Franchise issues and you not picking up on it,but all these other gameplay issues should be addressed ..That's why you guys are there to do right ?.. The fumbling and interception issues were evident as soon as you played a couple of games..Not coming down on you man but maybe they should give you guys more than 6-8 hours to play the game..This would at least initially warn people what to look for so that a person can decide if the pro's outweigh the con's enough to warrant a purchase of the game...
Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Hold on now we aren't defending ourselves nobody is attacking us in the first place.
The above came off as attacking. If I am off base, I am sorry.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:09 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
You and Pasta and others should not have to defend yourselfs to these people. Common sense will tell you why you all were there.

Bottom line, this is a in house EA issue NOT some community leaders around the country NOT catching the issues. They can catch them all day long and scream bloody murder about them it will NOT make EA go back and change all these issues before launch since they don't even touch the game until 2 weeks or so before the launch.

They can provide us with extra HONEST info EA won't BUT they don't run the company so lay off these guys.
I agree. It is silly to blame consumers for EA mistakes. I am happy that gamers get a chance to play the game early maybe they should let gamers play a beta version.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #44
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
So let me get this straight not once did you notice the DB's and LB's with eyes in the back of thier heads making plays on the ball..Not once did you notice the O-line play or lack thereof..not once did you notice the superfast ,superhuman canned tackling animations, not once did you notice the cpu hiking the ball with 25 seconds left on the clock, not once did you notice some of the decisions the CPU QB and offense in general make, not once did you go in and edit a player only to find his arms become the size of tree trunks...I can understand the Franchise issues and you not picking up on it,but all these other gameplay issues should be addressed ..That's why you guys are there to do right ?.. The fumbling and interception issues were evident as soon as you played a couple of games..Not coming down on you man but maybe they should give you guys more than 6-8 hours to play the game..This would at least initially warn people what to look for so that a person can decide if the pro's outweigh the con's enough to warrant a purchase of the game...
LOL, I am certainly not a video game guru. Heck between work and my kid, I end up only getting to play by staying up way too late (but its worth it isn't it?).

And I noticed some of these problems within 2 or 3 games. (mostly the gameplay issues you mentioned above)

However in fairness to what PastaPadre said, they were playing RETAIL versions of the game, so the only thing that could be done was a patch anyway.

I am sure EA heard about some of these things right away, but hoped it would not be a big deal, so they wouldn't have to devote time and money into fixing it. They already had your money, and they are the only NFL game in town now. This my friends, is the problem. I hope the NFL no longer lets anyone especially EA Sports renew an exclusive license. (and that goes for MLB NBA & NHL). Competition breeds advancement and quality, non-competition breeds laziness, inept quality control, etc. etc.

If we really want good games, we need to let the NFL etc. know that they should not sign exclusive licensing agreements. I think when EAs exclusive deal ends with the NFL (actually months to a year before since these deals are struck early), we should all sign a petition against exclusivity of the NFL or the other sports.

Last edited by DrUrsus; 10-27-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #45
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Fixing fumble is good as well as the db reaction. I wish they could wedgie in a higher camera angle. They inserted a new camera angle in MLB 2k7 with a patch. Probably too difficult, maybe next year.

A thought that came to mind as I was reading the Producer Blog: I wonder if we have reached the pinnacle of football gaming? Maybe this is the best it will ever get. It seems that the developers are ever more challenged with creating a quality product. Kind of depressing. The one thing I am looking forward to when I retire in many years is having the time to play sports game all I want when I want. If this is the best it will get, hell, I might as well start looking forward to being a Walmart greater instead.
A new higher camera angle (like in the PS2 Madden or classic cam) would be great. Why not let us make our own cam like in the past? That would be great. When will these sports games companies realize that everyone has different preferred camera angles? Remember when NBA 2K only had one camera angle that sucked one year. It made the game unplayable to me. MBL 2K7 was unplayable to me until the patch came out. I love the new camera angle now. It makes the game much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2007, 05:21 PM   #46
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Fixing fumble is good as well as the db reaction. I wish they could wedgie in a higher camera angle. They inserted a new camera angle in MLB 2k7 with a patch. Probably too difficult, maybe next year.

A thought that came to mind as I was reading the Producer Blog: I wonder if we have reached the pinnacle of football gaming? Maybe this is the best it will ever get. It seems that the developers are ever more challenged with creating a quality product. Kind of depressing. The one thing I am looking forward to when I retire in many years is having the time to play sports game all I want when I want. If this is the best it will get, hell, I might as well start looking forward to being a Walmart greater instead.
Walmart greeter LOL! The way the government is spending our tax money now and running up the debt to Chinese banks, we will all be working until we drop dead someday. I'll probably have to see patients when I am in diapers just to pay off my student loans!

But, as long as I don't lose my ability to play sports video games. Maybe someday we will actually be able to control these games with our thoughts, so it won't matter if I have tremors. Maybe I should work on that instead.

Man, Did I just get off on a tangent. I'd better just go home and play some PS2 Madden until the patch comes out.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:29 PM   #47
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

The kickoff thing really makes me scratch my head. We have to put sliders under 20 (usually 15 or less) for Kickoff power or even the weakest legged K can get touchback after touchback. I am just glad we were able to fix that with sliders.

Whatever happened to return right return left, squib kick, etc. on the 360/PS3 versions?

Also, I liked being able to play your DB back on fast receivers (just one DB for example, and not play them all back). You just don't have enough time with the CPU hiking the ball so quick to make a lot of defensive adjustments. They have all this playmaker stuff, but there is only time to get one or 2 in. Yes, sometimes the CPU should be quick about hiking the ball, but they routinely hike the ball with about 20 - 25 seconds left on the play clock. Bring back accelerated clock for those of us that like it.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:53 PM   #48
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Yeah some of that stuff just makes me scratch my head the kicking game was great in NCAA but in Madden it was broken again wtf.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »