Home

New Madden Producer Blog (About patchs & updates)

This is a discussion on New Madden Producer Blog (About patchs & updates) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 06:37 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: New Madden Producer Blog (About patchs & updates)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Look at baseball, basketball, and hockey games. Continued quality. Each person has a choice for their preference. Yes, I agree.
Not necessarily. Licensed competition hasn't helped the NBA Live series. The NHL2K series took a couple of big steps backward this year. And 2K hasn't exactly done a stellar job with the MLB 3rd party license.

Not too long ago people all over these forums were calling APF a return to competition for Madden/NCAA. And now all of the sudden it doesn't count because it's not licensed. A bunch of BS at best. You don't need a license to be competition. Winning Eleven routinely pimp-smacks the FIFA series every year in just about every way imaginable. It doesn't need a license to be a fan and critic favorite. Saying you need a licens to be competitive is a cop-out.....nothing more.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:44 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

How can they not fix the damn int glitch in franchise, that has to be so easy to correct, and it's been there since last yaers damn game. I officially hate the ******s at ea.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:19 PM   #51
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Not necessarily. Licensed competition hasn't helped the NBA Live series. The NHL2K series took a couple of big steps backward this year. And 2K hasn't exactly done a stellar job with the MLB 3rd party license.

Not too long ago people all over these forums were calling APF a return to competition for Madden/NCAA. And now all of the sudden it doesn't count because it's not licensed. A bunch of BS at best. You don't need a license to be competition. Winning Eleven routinely pimp-smacks the FIFA series every year in just about every way imaginable. It doesn't need a license to be a fan and critic favorite. Saying you need a licens to be competitive is a cop-out.....nothing more.
Atleast we have a choice for NBA, NHL,Soccer and MLB. Then atleast I can decide which is the better choice. Out of all of the sports game with choices, you are bound to find one that you will like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2007, 08:01 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Sorry but Madden 09 is going to have glitches so is Madden 2010. By the way Halo3 has countless glitchs so does Nba 2k8 and the game I'm really waiting on COD4 is going to have glitches.

For every 200 glitches the testers find they will miss countless others its the nature of video gaming.
Yeah, but the glitches in Halo 3 don't keep me from playing the game. Big difference.

The franchise freezing bug completely wipes out an entire feature of Madden.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:06 PM   #53
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHelix
Yeah, but the glitches in Halo 3 don't keep me from playing the game. Big difference.

The franchise freezing bug completely wipes out an entire feature of Madden.
Halo 3- 3 years in the making
Madden 08- less than a year in the making.

Big difference.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Halo 3- 3 years in the making
Madden 08- less than a year in the making.

Big difference.
Madden 08- Third edition of the same engine...making it the 3rd year of Madden. No difference.

Besides, if you want to use that argument, then technically Madden shouldn't be a full priced game. If they want to use the excuse that they have less development time, then they should charge less than full price. I shouldn't pay full price for a game that's not as quality.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #55
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHelix
Madden 08- Third edition of the same engine...making it the 3rd year of Madden. No difference.

Besides, if you want to use that argument, then technically Madden shouldn't be a full priced game. If they want to use the excuse that they have less development time, then they should charge less than full price. I shouldn't pay full price for a game that's not as quality.
If you want to use your argument, the first edition Madden was pumped out from August to November to make the 360. 3-4 months.

EA is coming out with a patch within the next couple of weeks. Let's practice patience on what it fixes and what it not fixes when the patch comes out.

I'm not much of a franchise person, probably a season and then it's on to both basketball games. By January, I'm usually done with Madden.

Others have more time than I do, that's understandable.

I don't think anyone has said that the franchise freeze won't be fixed, have they, from EA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2007, 09:11 PM   #56
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

"For now we are going to be using the EA Forums for comments,"

-Funniest **** I have heard all day
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »