Home

EA's NEW idea for the RIGHT ANALOG stick

This is a discussion on EA's NEW idea for the RIGHT ANALOG stick within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2007, 08:36 PM   #25
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: EA's NEW idea for the RIGHT ANALOG stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbartlett_32
Yeah I think they really need to differentiate a QB's awareness level. Maybe they could implement something like a QB with a higher awareness will have a receiver that is open will flash for someone like Brady. For Grossman a receiver that is covered might flash forcing you to look, read, and then trow somewhere else, and if you don't the pass is incomplete, batted down, or picked. This should only happen during specific plays so the game isn't dumbed down. When? I am not sure, but maybe when Brady's awareness meter reaches a certain level.

As far as the pre-read for the smart QB weapon, I really like this and am with you that reading the whole D is really too much. Maybe just the ability to read the safeties and MLB would be perfect. If you can read the MLB and S's then you can still make an assumption. If the MLB is going to my right to cover the flat then I know the ROLB is probably blitzing. If tlhe two safeties are dropping back then I know the deep ball is probably not there and I need to go underneath.
I think that the smart weapon should be available to read a blitz from the outside linebackers too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2007, 11:04 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 11

My idea required you to press a button to have your quarterback look at the receiver, you just have to flick the analog stick, plus if you have to click a button to look at the receiver, the stick can be used for evade when a button is not pressed. The ball placement is controlled by the direction the stick is flicked.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:50 PM   #27
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee
My idea required you to press a button to have your quarterback look at the receiver, you just have to flick the analog stick, plus if you have to click a button to look at the receiver, the stick can be used for evade when a button is not pressed. The ball placement is controlled by the direction the stick is flicked.
Okay. I get it. So you are basically switching button responsibilities, so the buttons work vision cone, and the right stick throws the ball, so now you don't have to use the left stick to place the ball. I actually like that idea. The only problem I see is that in your method, a guy like Tom Brady doesn't really have any advantage over a guy like Byron Leftwich.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:00 AM   #28
Pro

lbartlett_32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
Okay. I get it. So you are basically switching button responsibilities, so the buttons work vision cone, and the right stick throws the ball, so now you don't have to use the left stick to place the ball. I actually like that idea. The only problem I see is that in your method, a guy like Tom Brady doesn't really have any advantage over a guy like Byron Leftwich.
Maybe when you try to switch with Tom it switches much faster than with Byron. Just an idea. Or maybe the game slows down a it with a guy like Tom or Peyton so you can scan the field easier with better QB's.

I really like all the ideas being thrown out in this thread.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:01 AM   #29
Pro

lbartlett_32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee
This definitely makes sense to me now.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:12 AM   #30
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

What about buttons that bring up a small meter that determines the power and accuracy of the throw. This could work somewhat like shooting in soccer games. If you don't fill the meter enough the pass will be weak, and possibly under thrown. If you hold the button too long the pass is overthrown. The left stick could still lead the receiver, but this would make the deep ball much more dynamic, as well as allowing the QB to purposely throw the ball away in the direction of a receiver.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:13 AM   #31
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbartlett_32
Maybe when you try to switch with Tom it switches much faster than with Byron. Just an idea. Or maybe the game slows down a it with a guy like Tom or Peyton so you can scan the field easier with better QB's.

I really like all the ideas being thrown out in this thread.
I like that. Everything is a litte slower. Not overexaggerated, but slowed enough so it makes a difference, since that is essentially what happens to the great qb's. Maybe you could do the same thing with rb's with a really high ball carrier vision rating.

Maybe someone should email this to EA or something. They probably won't put them in, but maybe these ideas haven't been thought about yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2007, 07:55 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just eliminate the R3 way of scanning the field and keep the R2 way on PS2. All that pressing two buttons to throw the damn ball is just to much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »