Home

New Article...Madden wishlist for 09

This is a discussion on New Article...Madden wishlist for 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
New Article...Madden wishlist for 09

I just quickly scanned through this,but I wanted to see what some of the folks here @ OS thought about it.

http://www.sportsgamer.com/content/1...2009-wishlist/
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2007, 05:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: New Article...Madden wishlist for 09

I personally can't stand this years Madden for the 360 and for him to say it's "AMAZING" and the "BEST MADDEN TO DATE" is just unbelievable for me. I bought Madden when it came out and I thought ok, this isn't bad but then the fumbles and Int's started happening all of the sudden. I was like what the heck. Then with the radio guy again and the horrible presentation it just got boring and unplayable.

People need to wake up and demand the biggest selling football game in the history of gaming starts producing a quality, innovative and playable new gen game.

I know I won't run out and buy next years game. The reviews where rediculous and I bet everyone one of them would rate it much worse after spending time with it IMO. To give this game even a 7.5 would have been generous.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:47 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 49

i think they should go head and use everything that 2k did and not just add them one thing a year , work on the game and bring back madden in the commentary use the dam espn lic for something please. Put more detail into players face , bodies, QB throw styles .
Old 11-03-2007, 10:35 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

not trying to take this subject offtopic, but why did gamespot buy these guys instead of operationsports?
i mean they big up madden and alot of ea games, but i never see them review other sports games or geners like on here.

how can you have so many strategies for madden but none for apf? they try to make it seem like they are catering to every sport, but we all know who they really like. /rant.

i think they need to work on more than just plays in a playbook.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:19 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

I think we need to remember also is that people have short term memories. Off the top of my head I could not tell you which madden was my favorite and why. This dude may really believe this was the best Madden to date, but that is his opinion. It is also the most recent one. Lets say on default he plays every single madden from 03 to 08 for 10 games, I bet he would have a harder time saying 08 was the best Madden to date.

I just felt like the dude who wrote the article was terrified of backlash and continued to say in the first and last paragraph "this is the best madden to date". He had some good things on his wishlist.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2007, 09:56 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 17

I think the only way I will buy a Madden title again is when they incorporate a real physics based gameplay engine that allows the action to unfold every play unpredictably and organically. The whole motion captured scripted animation system is overplayed and should have been left behind with the last gen video game consoles.

Sports games in general need to evolve to this to truly be worthy of 'nex gen' classification.

EA, (and 2K) need to expand beyond focusing on just adding more detailed textures in a dated gameplay engine and start rebuilding a more realistic and dynamic physics based gameplay engine to absorb the player deeper into the action then ever before. The technology is out there...it just needs to be embraced and refined
Old 11-04-2007, 11:27 AM   #7
Rookie

StillFunkyB's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Through this article I am going to critique the game quite a bit but I want to preface that by saying that in my opinion this is the best Madden to date.
I pretty much stopped reading it at this point.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:31 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
I pretty much stopped reading it at this point.
Then tell me, "Funky", what is the best madden to date?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »