Home

If you own both Madden and APF...question.

This is a discussion on If you own both Madden and APF...question. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7
If you own both Madden and APF...question.

I own both football games and after I lose a game of APF I feel like the computer was better than me and I am fine with that. It was fun but I can do better next time.

HOWEVER...after I lose a game of Madden I am completely pissed and my blood pressure is through the roof! I believe its because when I lose at Madden its because of a B.S. fumble or all of the sudden the cpu is unstoppable....that is complete bull!

Anyone else feel this way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: If you own both Madden and APF...question.

This is an interesting question...

To expand a little further on your observation, I do own both games and play both games alot. While I do enjoy the franchise depth and the NFL players and teams as well as the ability to jump in and play any scheduled game from the season or post season ( this is a huge fun factor for me), I do think the actual gameplay is more realistic in All Pro Football. I find the games are more absorbing and better simulate the momemtum flow between 2 teams throughout a game. In Madden, I feel as if the cpu will turn on this momentum comeback switch at certain times in the game that I just cant stop no matter what I do or what plays I call. It's almost as if the programmers said let's have the CPU turn the game around and key human miscue points and turnovers. I have no problem with this if it was more subtlety done...but it isnt.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:35 PM   #3
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

Yes!!! I know exactly what you mean!! You know my pain! LOL
Old 11-05-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't own APF, but there are times where when I lose at Madden and I feel ripped off. Key fumbles or unstoppable cpu offense will frustrate me. But I started playing NCAA for the first time in a while recently and when I lose there, I feel like I just didn't bring my A-game. Not sure why, since NCAA has the same comeback AI, and the fumbles are just as bad (though I never really noticed them until I played Madden and came back to NCAA). I think that, for some reason, we expect more from Madden, maybe. Because the same result in NCAA doesn't frustrate me near as much as it does on NCAA (I've also noticed I get more frustrated whether I'm winning or losing if I play any sports game online).
Old 11-05-2007, 11:45 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

It really feels like it some times.

Check this thread.

The cpu cheated!

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #6
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Bro, that happened to me tonight. Most unreal game. I scored, was down by 7 with 1:40 left, recovered the onside kick and fumbled! I fumbled the very next play. So the Lions get the ball back and I have my 3 timeouts so no biggy. Well...after the stupid fumble, Tatum Bell, yes Tatum Bell starts just running over Kevin Williams and EJ Henderson. Did it three times in a row for three first downs. Obviously the game was over, but all game the RB's were contained decently. Until Tatum Bell broke over 11 tackles in 3 plays!

It was like the CPU had to win that game.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:54 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 19

I own both but only play All Pro as Madden makes me way to angry..at least All Pro is realistic IMO
Old 11-06-2007, 11:51 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Absolutely, 110%. This is why I'm still enjoyin last gen games
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »