Home

Interceptions and Fumbles

This is a discussion on Interceptions and Fumbles within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 12:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Interceptions and Fumbles

I am tired of hearing the complaint with regards to there being too many fumbles and interceptions.

If you don't cover up the ball (w/ my controls right trigger) when you are getting hit, well then chances are you might fumble the ball. It has become second nature for me to just hold my protect ball button when getting tackled. I rarely fumble the ball and I think protecting the ball and not juking everywhere has something to do with it.

With regards to the INT's, it is all about timing and using the pump fake every now and then. Additionally, you need not be moving when you throw the ball. Take a nice quick or deep drop back, settle in and deliver the ball using the right stick to put it up and away from the defender or down low for your guy to get the ball as he goes to the ground.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2007, 12:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Interceptions and Fumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdan15
I am tired of hearing the complaint with regards to there being too many fumbles and interceptions.

If you don't cover up the ball (w/ my controls right trigger) when you are getting hit, well then chances are you might fumble the ball. It has become second nature for me to just hold my protect ball button when getting tackled. I rarely fumble the ball and I think protecting the ball and not juking everywhere has something to do with it.

With regards to the INT's, it is all about timing and using the pump fake every now and then. Additionally, you need not be moving when you throw the ball. Take a nice quick or deep drop back, settle in and deliver the ball using the right stick to put it up and away from the defender or down low for your guy to get the ball as he goes to the ground.
The issue is not the human player fumbling or throwing picks, we can control that. The issue is the AI throwing too many picks and fumbling the ball. In my franchise, which I quit playing and won't start another until the patch comes out, I am something like +27 in turnovers after only 7 games.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:00 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
The issue is not the human player fumbling or throwing picks, we can control that. The issue is the AI throwing too many picks and fumbling the ball. In my franchise, which I quit playing and won't start another until the patch comes out, I am something like +27 in turnovers after only 7 games.
I hear ya, I'm still in limbo mode and haven't touched the game in weeks now. Thank the good man above for the lineup of games this fall though and the only reason I haven't lost it about this whole issue.

Hopefully soon we will see the fixes we need to fire up our franchises.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:08 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Im tired of people saying the INT and fumbles are human error.

GET some god damn glasses and watch some instant replay of some of these interceptions.

The ball actually will deflect in mid air with out touching anything and then go directly into the jumping defenders hand.

BROKEN

if it wasnt broke they wouldnt have it on the list of fixes for the patch
Old 11-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

There are too many fumbles..period, no matter what you press. If you actually use the "cover up button" before you get hit you should really never fumble at all. In past games nobody even really used this button. I mean you can't even use the other controls because you gotta mash the cover up button the whole time.

The int's are problem with CPU QB's...I recently played a game against Pitt. and Rothlesburger threw 6...c'mon and yes thats with HUM AWR and INT at 0.

Patch-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

Since you know so much about it tell me how to stop the cpu from throwing 5 ints and 5 fumbles a game. I don't use to hit stick and i don't switch to the DB. If i did i would get 10 ints. The INT and Fumbles in this game is screwed up no its and buts about. Take off the EA/Madden Glasses

PSN Brandon26ms
Old 11-18-2007, 10:51 PM   #7
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdan15

“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 11-19-2007, 12:25 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

LMAO!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »