Home

MY COMPLAINT TO BBB - YOU DO THE SAME!

This is a discussion on MY COMPLAINT TO BBB - YOU DO THE SAME! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 04:09 PM   #17
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: MY COMPLAINT TO BBB - YOU DO THE SAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
That's a bit unfair. The only prior "technical issues" with EA games that I'm aware of were the non-working draft classes on Madden 2004 XBOX and the PSP version of NCAA 07 having a glitch that caused incorrect ball spots on running plays. In both cases EA issued replacement discs.

The complaints about EA games usually are more of a like/dislike nature (presentation sucks, passing game sucks, player interaction is crap, that kind of stuff) than straight up defects. I don't recall a single EA title before this one that had a freezing issue causing franchise saves to be unusable. That kind of problem has been more common with 2K games unfortunately. So to use the due dilligence argument is a bit of a cop out here IMO.

Unsatisfactory and defective are two very different things.
I disagree nor do I find the due dilligence argument to be a cop out. Especially as I said if 60 bucks is a big investment for you. No matter what the cost, if an item is a big ticket item (relatively speaking of course), wouldn't some research and investigation make sense before you purchase?
Old 11-22-2007, 04:16 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I disagree nor do I find the due dilligence argument to be a cop out. Especially as I said if 60 bucks is a big investment for you. No matter what the cost, if an item is a big ticket item (relatively speaking of course), wouldn't some research and investigation make sense before you purchase?
Yes but the defect is such that it's not something that jumps out at you. It surfaces after 2 or more seasons so clearly a rental is unlikely to make you discover it. I'm pretty sure it took a few weeks before it came out on the web that franchise mode freezes and becomes unusable. How long must you wait and read impressions before you can assume the product isn't defective when the company making it does not have a history or reputation for defective products? As I said, EA has a history of making games with questionable quality, not defects.

I'd be in complete agreement with you if these people were complaining because they don't like the game. But it's not the case.

Last edited by mercalnd; 11-22-2007 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:35 PM   #19
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Yes but the defect is such that it's not something that jumps out at you. It surfaces after 2 or more seasons so clearly a rental is unlikely to make you discover it. I'm pretty sure it took a few weeks before it came out on the web that franchise mode freezes and becomes unusable. How long must you wait and read impressions before you can assume the product isn't defective when the company making it does not have a history or reputation for defective products? As I said, EA has a history of making games with questionable quality, not defects.

I'd be in complete agreement with you if these people were complaining because they don't like the game. But it's not the case.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #20
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
when I tried to get a refund from EA they basicaly said no.
Interesting.

I called EA Tech support this past Monday, spoke to a "first level" tech support representative, mentioned i'd like a refund, and was told, and I quote, "I can't give you a refund, but I can send you a sealed copy of the game that you could return to most stores".

When asked why I was requesting a refund, I respectfully responded, "i'm sure you know why, so I won't go into detail".

I was given a reference # for the issue, and told to send the game to EA, and they would in-turn send the sealed copy to me.

Last edited by Xx 74 xX; 11-22-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 9

Sorry, this complaint is lame. It's such a waste of time and energy and won't do anyone any good.

How's about the OP would actually be smart about his purchase and wait until renting the game to decide on whether to but it or not. It's not the BBB job to monitor the stupidity of others.

All that being said, I don't think the game is perfect and I can see why people are upset about some features, but it's totally lame to right the BBB about it when it's their own damn fault for buying it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2007, 07:36 PM   #22
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
Sorry, this complaint is lame. It's such a waste of time and energy and won't do anyone any good.

How's about the OP would actually be smart about his purchase and wait until renting the game to decide on whether to but it or not. It's not the BBB job to monitor the stupidity of others.

All that being said, I don't think the game is perfect and I can see why people are upset about some features, but it's totally lame to right the BBB about it when it's their own damn fault for buying it.
How can you fault someone for buying something that they didn't know was broken? You see, the problem is that you can't really return video games. With almost everything else, broken items are replaced with ones that aren't broken, or can be returned.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:46 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdog
How can you fault someone for buying something that they didn't know was broken? You see, the problem is that you can't really return video games. With almost everything else, broken items are replaced with ones that aren't broken, or can be returned.
It's called try before you buy via rental.

And FWIW, I was able to return MLB 2K6 to Best Buy after opening it last year due to the fact that when it was released it WAS broken. You couldn't complete a game before it froze. I printed out a thread in the 2K forums regarding the issue where a 2K Dev actually pointed out that the game was broken and a patch was coming out soon.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:16 PM   #24
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Even if you did rent the game,chances are you wouldn't play through 1 season let alone the 2 or so it takes for the game to freeze.Renting a game isn't always the answer.Is going to the BBB a little extreme? to me it is but if someone feels that they've been taken advantage of then more power to them.Its never stupid to stand up for yourself.Only cowards make excuses
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »