Home

I need a "Money Play" for Chad Jonson

This is a discussion on I need a "Money Play" for Chad Jonson within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2007, 02:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
I need a "Money Play" for Chad Jonson

I just can't seem to find or figure out one for him. It's hard for me to get the ball to him also because the CPU does receiver spotlight on him the whole game also so it's even harder for me to trick them. Anyone have any MP's that works good with him or TJ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
Pro

lbartlett_32's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I need a "Money Play" for Chad Jonson

Try adjusting his route during the pre-snap. If the defender is tight then send him deep. If he is playing off give a quick slant or drag. Also check and see if the team is playing man. You do this by sending Chad in motion; if the defender follows they are in man if the cb stays at home then it is zone.

I very seldom run the actual play routes unless it is a play-action. A good play action pass from I-Form twin set. It will have Housh going deep down the left sideline and Chad will run a deep post over the middle. The TE is supposed to run a slant towards the sideline underneath Chad, but you have to make sure that the LB is not blitzing. If he does blitz it is hard to get protection over to that side.

Last edited by lbartlett_32; 12-07-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

Do a play action rollout and hold up as you throw the ball. He will jump 4 ft in the air and beat every DB in the game. ( I do this with Braylon Edwards)
Old 12-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks guys i did both things and the really work well. Also i like holding up now for deep passes and watching CJ Leap like he's about to fly.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

mods please lock this one up. money plays kill online play and they shouldnt be promoted at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #6

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf8363
mods please lock this one up. money plays kill online play and they shouldnt be promoted at all.
Seriously? Anyone that plays online knows this play already, and it hardly "kills" online play. There are reasons you should play against people you know if you are looking for a "sim" game, in a game that is entirely NOT sim.

Plus the easiest way to exploit online is to put CJ / Moss / Whoever as your 3rd WR and just run 3-5 WR sets. Happened to me, but why complain? It can only make you a better gamer, unless you just sit and cry.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:02 PM   #7
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
Seriously? Anyone that plays online knows this play already, and it hardly "kills" online play. There are reasons you should play against people you know if you are looking for a "sim" game, in a game that is entirely NOT sim.

Plus the easiest way to exploit online is to put CJ / Moss / Whoever as your 3rd WR and just run 3-5 WR sets. Happened to me, but why complain? It can only make you a better gamer, unless you just sit and cry.

Because it is an exploit in the A.I. and the reason that the game is not sim online is because people decide they are going to exploit this crap. It doesn't make you a better gamer, it makes you look like an idiot to anyone who is online and tries to play straight. I don't understand what is so hard about playing the game the way it was meant to be played rather than doing this crap. And it definetley should not be promoted to any other players. Money plays ruin the game, and you should avoid using them repeatedly in the game.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #8
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Sounds like a good game to me if there is no money play. I may have to check it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »