Home

What you think Madden 09 Cover will be?

This is a discussion on What you think Madden 09 Cover will be? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #41
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: What you think Madden 09 Cover will be?

I would be surprised to see a qb 2 years in a row based on recent offerings.

2001- Eddie George
2002- Daunte Culpepper
2003- Marshall Faulk
2004- Michael Vick
2005- Ray Lewis
2006- Donovan McNabb
2007- Shaun Alexander
2008- Vince Young.

If anything,I could easily see a defensive player...Mario Williams?
2009 could be the year of revamping the defense again,much in the same way as 2005 was,with Ray Lewis on the cover.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2007, 05:44 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I would be surprised to see a qb 2 years in a row based on recent offerings.

2001- Eddie George
2002- Daunte Culpepper
2003- Marshall Faulk
2004- Michael Vick
2005- Ray Lewis
2006- Donovan McNabb
2007- Shaun Alexander
2008- Vince Young.

If anything,I could easily see a defensive player...Mario Williams?
2009 could be the year of revamping the defense again,much in the same way as 2005 was,with Ray Lewis on the cover.
If it was defence I'd go for a linebacker like um... AJ Hawk
Old 12-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

It'll be Adrian Peterson.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:57 PM   #44
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower

2001- Eddie George
2002- Daunte Culpepper
2003- Marshall Faulk
2004- Michael Vick
2005- Ray Lewis
2006- Donovan McNabb
2007- Shaun Alexander
2008- Vince Young.

If I were to base my opinion on the history of the Madden cover boy, then I'd have to come to the conclusion that the next cover boy will be young, black, and marketable...

If EA decides to stick with that same formula then it's a toss-up between Hester or Peterson...With the slight edge to Hester because he's more marketable than Adrian in my opinion. Which is still a shot in the dark because the cover-boy is usually a reflection on whatever new feature is in the game, so unless EA wants to push 'special teams' next year it might just end up being Adrian.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 12-17-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:47 PM   #45
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
If I were to base my opinion on the history of the Madden cover boy, then I'd have to come to the conclusion that the next cover boy will be young, black, and marketable...

If EA decides to stick with that same formula then it's a toss-up between Hester or Peterson...With the slight edge to Hester because he's more marketable than Adrian in my opinion. Which is still a shot in the dark because the cover-boy is usually a reflection on whatever new feature is in the game, so unless EA wants to push 'special teams' next year it might just end up being Adrian.
Mario Williams fits your opinion, it'd be nice to see what everyone prematurely called a bust to make the cover. If I took your path I'd say Greg Jennings he's quickly become a Packer-fan favorite easily, if he hasn't I have no idea why that guys been the best 2nd round pick the Packers have had that I remember in the last few years.
I wouldn't mind seeing a offensive position on there aslong as its not a QB or HB and any position for defense would work because there hasn't been much but Ray Lewis on the defensive side of the ball.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubsfan20
Mario Williams fits your opinion, it'd be nice to see what everyone prematurely called a bust to make the cover. If I took your path I'd say Greg Jennings he's quickly become a Packer-fan favorite easily, if he hasn't I have no idea why that guys been the best 2nd round pick the Packers have had that I remember in the last few years.
I wouldn't mind seeing a offensive position on there aslong as its not a QB or HB and any position for defense would work because there hasn't been much but Ray Lewis on the defensive side of the ball.
Not Greg Jennings I don't want the curse in Green Bay! I changed my mind think they should have a DB on the cover like Champ Bailey or someone.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #47
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risteman
Not Greg Jennings I don't want the curse in Green Bay! I changed my mind think they should have a DB on the cover like Champ Bailey or someone.
Yeah thats true, I said in an earlier post it'd be nice to see Brett Favre on there so he can break the curse, I'm confident in him or else have him on the year following his retirement if that ever comes

You may not think he's the best QB, but he is worthy of the cover IMO.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 12-17-2007, 10:19 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubsfan20
Yeah thats true, I said in an earlier post it'd be nice to see Brett Favre on there so he can break the curse, I'm confident in him or else have him on the year following his retirement if that ever comes

You may not think he's the best QB, but he is worthy of the cover IMO.
I think Favre is one of the best QBs ever if not thee best. I don't think they'd put him on there. But I think they might not put him on because he's "too old" I once heard a rumor somewhere that he tried to get on. I doubt he'll play next year if we win the SB bowl (not saying the Packers will, but I'm hoping!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »