Home

Just bougth this game and....

This is a discussion on Just bougth this game and.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Just bougth this game and....

it's got to be the most boring football game I've ever played. No presentation whatsoever. What made EA take out the "broadcast" and "press"-like camera views? You know the camera views that are used when an actual NFL game is on television? Tackeling animations look good, but this is definitely not the sim experience I was hoping it would be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Just bougth this game and....

WTF?? You didn't know this already.

Oh yeah BTW: The "I have a problem with Madden 08" Thread This is the appropriate thread for this. Your thread will be locked shortly.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brudjazz
it's got to be the most boring football game I've ever played. No presentation whatsoever. What made EA take out the "broadcast" and "press"-like camera views? You know the camera views that are used when an actual NFL game is on television? Tackeling animations look good, but this is definitely not the sim experience I was hoping it would be.

Is called football sim... Not TV Sim.... If you care more about presentation then the gameplay then watch real football and enjoy Al Michales and John Madden on NBC...They give you diff camera angles there
Old 12-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

I never said I liked presentation more than gameplay. In fact, I didn't say ANYTHING about gameplay, now did I? Unlike some of you "madden" (as in let me throw 80 yard bombs all day) I prefer the game to actually LOOK like I'm watching a football game. Evidently, I didn't read the "warning: this is the arcade version of NFL football" label on the box.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:33 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
I never said I liked presentation more than gameplay. In fact, I didn't say ANYTHING about gameplay, now did I? Unlike some of you "madden" (as in let me throw 80 yard bombs all day) I prefer the game to actually LOOK like I'm watching a football game. Evidently, I didn't read the "warning: this is the arcade version of NFL football" label on the box.

Umm the game is to be played and not to see if the camera rotats a different angle so you can see the players from a diff angle... There is no 80 yard bombs in all madden... you need to come up with a better reason to bash them game then presentation..

You want to play dress up then buy a barbie doll.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #6
Banned

DannyMac910's Arena

OVR: 10

I gotta agree this game is pretty boring. In 2k5 you got pre-game, half-time, and post-game updates, and a weekly SportsCenter update. In Madden, at half-time all you get is a menu screen
Old 12-22-2007, 06:31 PM   #7
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
If you want the game to look like you are watching a game, go watch a game. I know that when I play a game, I want to actually be able to PLAY the game. Good luck finding rushing lanes in a broadcast view, or reading a zone. There is a reason that when NFL teams watch film, they don't normally use sideline views. Because you can't see anything. I personally think that the traditional way of viewing football is flawed. A more "madden" like view would actually add a lot to the viewing of an NFL game.

Oh, and imagine that. There is "I have a problem with Madden" thread. And presentation is mentioned like 80 times. We get it. It needs to be worked on. Come up with something new and original.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac910
I gotta agree this game is pretty boring. In 2k5 you got pre-game, half-time, and post-game updates, and a weekly SportsCenter update. In Madden, at half-time all you get is a menu screen
It's obvious you haven't played the game and are lying out of your a$$. At halftime in Madden the default screen is a list of saved highlight plays where you can review each of them. When you're done reviewing the key plays of the half THEN you go to the halftime menu screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »