Home

I just held Peyton Manning to 54yds?

This is a discussion on I just held Peyton Manning to 54yds? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2007, 12:37 AM   #1
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
I just held Peyton Manning to 54yds?

So here's the deal.... I'm in week 16 and LT breaks his jaw and is out 5 weeks. Duckett comes in and is horrible. I hit up the FA's and sign Kenton Keith (older roster so he's a 68).

So with losing LT I knew I would struggle in the playoffs. I'm using some awesome all-pro sliders. Last several games look like this.

13- W 21-7
14- W 16-7
15- W 28-21
16- W 31-27
17- L 26-13

Div W 24-21 (blew a 21-7 lead from the 1st half, won on last second FG)

Now for how sad it may be I couldn't stop thinking about the Conference Championship game today at work. I was going up against Peyton Manning and every time I play the SOB, he is rough. I read the forums all day finding ways to stop him. I was actually nervous to play this game because I was so damn close to getting to the superbowl but I was short LT. If I made it to the superbowl, I'd have LT back.

Anyways, after all the reading online I started up the game when I got home from work. I'm honestly not the best against the pass. I was probably like 18th in the league. It all paid off. I made Peyton run the ball against me. I took away the deep ball. I didn't blitz often. It was all a time management game and I ate the clock with long drives. I didn't want him touching the damn ball. I won the game 20-3, but it was by far the hardest 20-3 game I've ever played.

TOP was 12:31 of them to 19:33 of me. 126yds of total offense they got. I don't know, I guess I'm here just bragging about probably the best defensive madden game I've ever played and can't believe how this panned out. I thought I had my hands full but I overcame it all and heading to the superbowl!

Last edited by MMan; 12-28-2007 at 12:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2007, 12:42 AM   #2
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: I just held Peyton Manning to 54yds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMan
So here's the deal.... I'm in week 16 and LT breaks his jaw and is out 5 weeks. Duckett comes in and is horrible. I hit up the FA's and sign Kenton Keith (older roster so he's a 68).

So with losing LT I knew I would struggle in the playoffs. I'm using some awesome all-pro sliders. Last several games look like this.

13- W 21-7
14- W 16-7
15- W 28-21
16- W 31-27
17- L 26-13

Div W 24-21 (blew a 21-7 lead from the 1st half, won on last second FG)

Now for how sad it may be I couldn't stop thinking about the Conference Championship game today at work. I was going up against Peyton Manning and every time I play the SOB, he is rough. I read the forums all day finding ways to stop him. I was actually nervous to play this game because I was so damn close to getting to the superbowl but I was short LT. If I made it to the superbowl, I'd have LT back.

Anyways, after all the reading online I started up the game when I got home from work. I'm honestly not the best against the pass. I was probably like 18th in the league. It all paid off. I made Peyton run the ball against me. I took away the deep ball. I didn't blitz often. It was all a time management game and I ate the clock with long drives. I didn't want him touching the damn ball. I won the game 20-3, but it was by far the hardest 20-3 game I've ever played.

TOP was 12:31 of them to 19:33 of me. 126yds of total offense they got. I don't know, I guess I'm here just bragging about probably the best defensive madden game I've ever played and can't believe how this panned out. I thought I had my hands full but I overcame it all and heading to the superbowl!
Well, as a colts fan I would say boo. lol but congrats at least win the superbowl, so I know my Colts lost to the Superbowl champs.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:44 AM   #3
The Broski

MMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by markees007
Well, as a colts fan I would say boo. lol but congrats at least win the superbowl, so I know my Colts lost to the Superbowl champs.
lol you know what's funny dude? I'm in a fantasy drafted league and Peyton is actually on the Packers, so it was the NFC Championship game I was playing.

Guess who I'm playing in the Superbowl though? yup, the Colts.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:45 PM   #4
The Broski

MMan's Arena

so I play my first superbowl game, the CPU punts on 1st down on my like 36. I quit and restart the game.

I jump out and take a 21-7 lead and well in control. All the sudden LT fumbles twice and DB's are doing miracles with eyes in the back of their head. After the balls thrown they just act like the flash and are on the ball and INTS galore. and I find myself down 33-21. Yeah that's right, I was getting straight dominated by fumble and INT returns and these guys were pulling out Barry Sander moves to the endzone.

I work my way back into the game in the 3rd quarter and score on a 13yd LT run to make it 33-28. They drive and wipe 6:35 off the clock and get a FG to make it 36-28. I move down the field and almost went for it on 4th and like 5 but instead kick a 50yd FG with Elam that BARELY made it. 36-31. Later 4th Quarter.

Well they get the ball back and get a couple first downs and are running the clock. I stop them and force them to punt with 53 seconds left in the game.

"Justin Miller takes the punt at the 23yd line, cuts left up to the 40, jukes right and heads up to the 45 and does a spin move on AJ Hawk, HE LOOKS RIGHT AND HAS SOME OPEN FIELD, ROBERT GRIFFITH LAYS A HUGE BLOCK, HE CUTS ACROSS THE FIELD AND STARTS HEADING UP THE SIDELINES, HE ONLY HAS 1 MAN TO BEAT!!, HE'S AT THE 30, THE 20, THE 10, THE 5, TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!! HOW AMAZING IS THIS? JUSTIN MILLER JUST RETURNS A PUNT 77YDS TO TAKE A 37-36 LEAD WITH UNDER 40 SECONDS REMAINING!!"

ok so I go for 2 and fail and only up by 1. Superman Jon Kitna (threw for 386yds on me btw lol?) brings them downfield and Nate Burelson drops a ball on my 25 which probably would've won them the game. Last play of the game they're on my 39. I had the balls to blitz the house, Kitna sacked, GAME OVER. Superbowl Champs!! 37-36 victory. YOU CAN ONLY CHEAT SO MUCH EA!!

btw I have Sean Taylor and he had a INT for a TD to start it off. RIP Taylor.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
so I play my first superbowl game, the CPU punts on 1st down on my like 36. I quit and restart the game.

I jump out and take a 21-7 lead and well in control. All the sudden LT fumbles twice and DB's are doing miracles with eyes in the back of their head. After the balls thrown they just act like the flash and are on the ball and INTS galore. and I find myself down 33-21. Yeah that's right, I was getting straight dominated by fumble and INT returns and these guys were pulling out Barry Sander moves to the endzone.

I work my way back into the game in the 3rd quarter and score on a 13yd LT run to make it 33-28. They drive and wipe 6:35 off the clock and get a FG to make it 36-28. I move down the field and almost went for it on 4th and like 5 but instead kick a 50yd FG with Elam that BARELY made it. 36-31. Later 4th Quarter.

Well they get the ball back and get a couple first downs and are running the clock. I stop them and force them to punt with 53 seconds left in the game.

"Justin Miller takes the punt at the 23yd line, cuts left up to the 40, jukes right and heads up to the 45 and does a spin move on AJ Hawk, HE LOOKS RIGHT AND HAS SOME OPEN FIELD, ROBERT GRIFFITH LAYS A HUGE BLOCK, HE CUTS ACROSS THE FIELD AND STARTS HEADING UP THE SIDELINES, HE ONLY HAS 1 MAN TO BEAT!!, HE'S AT THE 30, THE 20, THE 10, THE 5, TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!! HOW AMAZING IS THIS? JUSTIN MILLER JUST RETURNS A PUNT 77YDS TO TAKE A 37-36 LEAD WITH UNDER 40 SECONDS REMAINING!!"

ok so I go for 2 and fail and only up by 1. Superman Jon Kitna (threw for 386yds on me btw lol?) brings them downfield and Nate Burelson drops a ball on my 25 which probably would've won them the game. Last play of the game they're on my 39. I had the balls to blitz the house, Kitna sacked, GAME OVER. Superbowl Champs!! 37-36 victory. YOU CAN ONLY CHEAT SO MUCH EA!!

btw I have Sean Taylor and he had a INT for a TD to start it off. RIP Taylor.
Yah yah, the game sucks, yada yada yada...go play some Call of Duty 4 instead

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
The Broski

MMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yah yah, the game sucks, yada yada yada...go play some Call of Duty 4 instead
ONigg sup mofo, you never on AIM. I just played COD4 at a buddies house last night watching the UFC fight. It's aight, I still prefer COD2 but I probably haven't givin COD4 a legit shot yet.

I'm enjoying madden again atm.

P.S nobody is on irc any more either. No more old school days. We need chat back again.... somewhere.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:19 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
ONigg sup mofo, you never on AIM. I just played COD4 at a buddies house last night watching the UFC fight. It's aight, I still prefer COD2 but I probably haven't givin COD4 a legit shot yet.

I'm enjoying madden again atm.

P.S nobody is on irc any more either. No more old school days. We need chat back again.... somewhere.
Yeah i'm never on AIM or Mirc because my computer died and I have to use a work computer to access the net. I don't want to install that stuff on my work computer. I'm getting a new machine though when I get my income taxes and will install that stuff back on it then.

But even when my PC was working I quit going on MIRC because it seems no one on there ever really talks to you, they just talk to hear themselves talk. I too miss our convos in our chat channel because we actually conversed like intelligent people. But if you go on MIRC an just join random chat channels you can't really get that. As for AIM I had too many people who were sending me stupid messages and just wanting to chit-chat when i was in the middle of doing stuff so I haven't run that in quite a while.

I haven't played any Madden or anything since November. Working out and getting in shape takes up most of the time I used to allot for Madden. I've lost 48 pounds now but still have about 35-40 more to go. I was just now looking at pictures from 2 years ago and wow I look so much better it's unreal. Everyone else in the pictures has gotten fatter since then, but I've gotten thinner!!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »