Home

Putting the fun back in Madden and other game's online modes...

This is a discussion on Putting the fun back in Madden and other game's online modes... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
Putting the fun back in Madden and other game's online modes...

After some thought I have finally came to the conclusion of how to put the fun back into the online modes of Madden and other sports games....

Play Unranked Games Only!

I came to this realization after discovering a new form of cheeser that I hadn't ran into much until recently; people who play fair up until the forth quarter lol. Here you are thinking you are in the middle of a great game and suddenly, here comes the 3 man rush glitch among others lol. To quote another gamefaqs poster "people do some weird things when faced with a loss".

But this is not another pointless rant after experiencing online futility. It is a solution. By playing unranked games, you will encounter fewer of the "win at all costs guys" and more people just playing football for fun. As a bonus, you do not have to worry about a DNF rating! Run into a chesser; quit out with no penalty. No win or loss record means you have fewer lombardi's out there who can't take a loss haha! I have never had a problem with taking a loss by someone who simply out played me, there are many out there who can lol, but losing to cheese or worse, playing 3 quarters of decent football only to have a guy get nervous and start glitching makes made me think of another way to enjoy the online experience.

Now for those who may be saying, there's no way in heck I am going to play without having a record, that's good! Those are the people I would like to avoid haha, just give me somewhat realistic football without the win at all costs glitching and this game may be good lol (notice I did just say good, not AWESOME because this is EA sports we are talking about lol).

As a bonus, I can train for next years version that hopefully will not have as many issues (hopefully), and not leave online everytime pissed off. Lets play these games for fun as they were intended! Join me, it could be fun....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2008, 12:34 AM   #2
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Putting the fun back in Madden and other game's online modes...

i had the same problem as you, but my solution was leagues. xbl gt: sabresfan249 i play realistic ball and if you want i can put you on the waiting list for my league. you will be gaurenteed a spot in season 2 and you have a chance at being in season 1 since ppl lose interest all the time.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Putting the fun back in Madden and other game's online modes...

Id like to join this league!

And I've been doing the same thing, playing unranked games. Or better yet playing my buddies (who play decent) on a daily basis. That is the most fun of all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »