Home

passing help

This is a discussion on passing help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #1
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8
passing help

Need some tips on passing downfield, I play with the Broncos and Cutler has a very low awr and this seems to make ball placement impossible. Javon and Marshall being tall and fast WR's should make throwing deep in man coverage somewhat high percentage but when I try its almost always intercepted, I've even try to take control of the WR and make a play, but this seems to make it worse, any ideas? thx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2008, 10:00 AM   #2
#ZOMBIENATION

Tomasperez9's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: passing help

• Step up in the pocket before you throw it deep over the top.
  • Take your time, and wait for your receiver to get open.
  • PRACTICE
Old 01-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

As dumb as it sound, turn down the difficulty to pro. You will dominate, but this will get you more used to passing. play a couple of games like this, then move your difficulty to all pro. play a few games like this, then turn it up to all pro. this makes you more aware of what throws are possible without throwing 5 INTs a game. I average about 400 yards passing, 3TDs and about 1INT a game with the packers, but they have zero running game cause somehow ryan grant is still rated 76 overall. Im just about to enter the post season of my first year.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #4
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

your jay cutler, he often asks the same question so just think of the game as realistic haha

just kidding

in all honesty, what slider set are you using? Maybe try bumping up the pass blocking and toning down cpu awareness. What is your WR catching at? Also, instead of trying to force things, if you are under pressure just be smart and throw the ball away. Do NOT force it into traffic just to make a first down, thats probably why your INT are so high. One more thing, have you gotten the latest patch put out or are you still playing straight out of the box?
Old 01-19-2008, 12:28 AM   #5
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Practice mode and also run the ball and set up the play action. I know it sounds stupid, but IMO it actually works.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #6
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Over at DSM we have a thread about this guy who breaks down the rushing/passing game on Madden 08. YouTube search ZihinMaster. Watching his videos is like getting smacked in the back of the head. Most of the stuff he shows you is at your fingertips, its just as gamers, we don't use it and then we complain about the game not being "realistic" etc.

I have already played 2 games using this guys tips and I have only had 1 fumble and 1 INT...and I am using a VERTICAL passing game! His tips show you how to properly use precision passing, but, it is clear he is a WCO guy. But, I like the vertical game and his tips can be applied to such an offense.

Both games:

Rushing Totals: 112 yards and 98 yards rushing

Passing Totals: 280 yards and 264 yards passing

As you can see...nothing to gawdy, but, his tips are effective.

Leaf
Old 01-20-2008, 08:17 AM   #7
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

thx for the tips fellas
Old 01-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #8
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
Over at DSM we have a thread about this guy who breaks down the rushing/passing game on Madden 08. YouTube search ZihinMaster. Watching his videos is like getting smacked in the back of the head. Most of the stuff he shows you is at your fingertips, its just as gamers, we don't use it and then we complain about the game not being "realistic" etc.

I have already played 2 games using this guys tips and I have only had 1 fumble and 1 INT...and I am using a VERTICAL passing game! His tips show you how to properly use precision passing, but, it is clear he is a WCO guy. But, I like the vertical game and his tips can be applied to such an offense.

Both games:

Rushing Totals: 112 yards and 98 yards rushing

Passing Totals: 280 yards and 264 yards passing

As you can see...nothing to gawdy, but, his tips are effective.

Leaf
Maan, I am a WCO guy myself. You wouldn't happen to have a link would you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »