Home

Madden 09 Will be Special

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Will be Special within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Madden 09 Will be Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
They shouldn't re-do the entire game engine, just add in presentation and continue on fixing the game and giving it more legs. You can tell their trying, they did implement gang tackling along with branching animations and a better momentum engine.

If that interview is correct, it means their dropping the current gen game, meaning that the entire staff will move to the 360 and ps3. With a staff that big and that amount of time to implement features and improve the game engine, we could be in for a treat.
I don't know if that'll make much of a difference to be honest with you. I have serious doubts that they were putting that much manpower into creating last gen's Madden the last couple of years. I mean...for the most part, the game was already complete, they were just adding little things here and there.

Madden 09 does need quite a bit to be "special", but I'm curious and interested to see what they do for the 20th anniversary. I know one thing for sure, and Ian Cummings has even said as much...the radio guy is gone and that will be a breath of fresh air. I didn't mind it as much as most, but I do miss the days of having TV style commentary.

I'd also love to see more of an ESPN-style theme to the "broadcast" as well. Stat overlays are sorely needed, in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2008, 10:45 PM   #42
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I'd also love to see more of an ESPN-style theme to the "broadcast" as well. Stat overlays are sorely needed, in my opinion.
This wasn't that of a big deal... I mean I was fine not being reminded how awful Rex Grossman is doing.

But in all seriousness I agree, stat overlays are needed big time.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:51 PM   #43
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

One thing that really bugs me is that it seems the field isn't as opened up as last gen. It seems like everyone is so close together. I guess a good example would be the players seem to big for the field. I loved the proportions of last gen. It just gave you a better impression of the flight of the ball on pass plays. Also to me, another huge thing is the ball trajectory. Seems like its floating on a single plane.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #44
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Someone's started drinking early this evening.

Guys,

I am sick and tired of seeing you all jump at every and any opportunity to spew your negativity towards the Madden franchise. I set up the "I have a problem with Madden" thread for a reason. It's because it gets really old when in thread after thread, all it is is a bunch of replies like the ones we have here.

We get it. You're disappointed in Madden. Now move on please.

You know, I'll never get the point of posting your thoughts on something you DON'T like. I don't like soccer, but do you see me jumping in any chance I get in the soccer forum to tell the people there who enjoy it that I think it's a stupid sport? Nope.

My mother once told me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Clearly, many of you were never taught that lesson.
Hey TJ... I just wanted to share my thoughts, is all.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 02-05-2008, 11:22 PM   #45
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I agree with this 100%. After thinking about it.....I began to really wonder,It's been said several times how great "another games" presentation was,but lets not kid ourselves.....that game had issues as well.
Could it be that we were just so amazed by the presentation,that we would let problems slide?....I almost believe this to be the case.

I firmly believe that if Madden had that type of presentation,alot of the problems wouldn't "stand out" as much,because we would be more "drawn in" to the action. As it is now,there was nothing really to "wow" us with 08,we had the blogs from Ian Cummings,so we pretty much knew what to expect regarding the branching animations,and gang tackling. Had Madden released with a presentation overhaul,I don't think cats would have been so critical (imo)
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2008, 11:23 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Good luck on hoping Madden will EVER be better again...
Old 02-06-2008, 08:25 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
I'm going to trust that you guys can get this back on topic and open things back up. I'm actually enjoying reading you guys' thoughts on how we handle the Madden forums. For the most part, all replies have been mature in nature, and that's all we're asking for.

With that said, we've always had the policy that if you have anything to say regarding the way a moderator is handling a situation, you're more than welcome to voice that opinion to our forum administrator, fishepa, through PM's. Not in the open forum.

With that said, thread reopened. Hopefully, for good.
TJ, thanks for listening man. I'm sure I speak for many when I say we appreciate it. FWIW, I sent you a PM back in December. Not sure if you saw it or not, and even now you don't have to reply or anything, I just wanted to give you a heads-up.

Back on topic, I am "guardedly optimistic". As someone mentioned previously, getting rid of th radio guy will help tremendously, and as presentation goes, adding refs and nets will help the emmersion factor, though I acknowledge that many players don't consider that a big deal.

Play-wise, I think they're getting better. Fixing the stats engine will go a long way too. While I can't see them hyping that if they fix it, I hope they fix it nonetheless. The game definitely has potential if not already close.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:45 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 29

Don't forget, Moore said they have an "Opportunity"....

Just like the Pats had the opportunity to go 19-0....EA will go 0-4 with Next Gen Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »