Home

Madden lead producer leaves EA Tiburon (David Ortiz - Old)

This is a discussion on Madden lead producer leaves EA Tiburon (David Ortiz - Old) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #25
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden lead producer leaves EA Tiburon

and also it cant any worse than what it has been for the past 5 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2008, 10:27 AM   #26
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm sorry but this decision will have no impact on this game whatsoever...Tiburon is way to far along in the development cycle to make wholesale changes...Looks like its wait til next year again...
Old 02-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #27
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

lol i wouldnt even put one dime on any ea product ever and anyone who does next year has to get their brain checked pronto lol my game collections have become so much better without ea GOOD RIDDENCE...this franchise is going down fast friends..
Old 02-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
let go a good producer? come on madden fans dont lie to yourselves those games were trash made me hate ea to the core though i will say that this is one of the smartest decisions ive seen EA DO in long time.
I didn't say great, he was good.....I think him leaving doesn't effect the development of 09 but maybe Madden 2010, it is kinda of crazy that Madden hasn't been as fun as the current gen version of the game since he has been there. I've also heard rumors that they moved up the last-gen dev team to next gen. I think thats another reason why Ortiz left, maybe he wanted the next-gen Madden to be its own game, and not just a port over from current-gen Madden.

PS- EA has increased the number of people working on the game, hmmmm that might be a clue that they are either a) using this new Natural Motion engine and are bring in people who know how to use it or b) developing something like natural motion. There is no reason why EA isn't doing one of the two because the Nautral Motion engine is going to change the face of all sports games (not just football) and it would be smart move for EA to buy this engine or develop one like it.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #29
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadiplomat04
I didn't say great, he was good.....I think him leaving doesn't effect the development of 09 but maybe Madden 2010, it is kinda of crazy that Madden hasn't been as fun as the current gen version of the game since he has been there. I've also heard rumors that they moved up the last-gen dev team to next gen. I think thats another reason why Ortiz left, maybe he wanted the next-gen Madden to be its own game, and not just a port over from current-gen Madden.

PS- EA has increased the number of people working on the game, hmmmm that might be a clue that they are either a) using this new Natural Motion engine and are bring in people who know how to use it or b) developing something like natural motion. There is no reason why EA isn't doing one of the two because the Nautral Motion engine is going to change the face of all sports games (not just football) and it would be smart move for EA to buy this engine or develop one like it.
or they could be original for once and come up with something without buying out everything. Consumers everywhere has seen where that has taken them. i cant wait till this license is over man they messed up everything but like i always say time will tell.

also they should get rid of that whole squad ian cummings or whatever his name is as well they need to extinguish that tiburon group..remember they made superman returns.

Last edited by mastershake88; 02-07-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 16

Good!...Phil Frazier is better.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 8

At this point I don't see what it matters.

As long as the NFL is by far the most popular sport in America, and video games are by far THE hobby of the NFL demographic, EA Sports has a cash cow that will bring in the money no matter what, as long as they have a new cover boy and update all the rosters/uniforms/stadiums every year.

The great majority of people who play Madden couldn't care less about all the stuff we talk about here, they just want an updated version of this every year that has whatever has changed in the NFL.

The ship sailed long ago on EA Sports trying to make this game innovative. At this point, all it consists of is just keeping up with whatever changes occur in the NFL from season to season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #32
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Wow some of you guys are kind of cruel. Dave did a fine job with Madden as the producer, I mean he had the team start from scratch instead of porting the ps2 and xbox versions. And every year the game did seem to get better and better I'm really interested in the reason he left, was it because he couldn't get his way or was there something more?

About this new guy producing, I'm actually angry they went back to the ps2 and xbox guy. Not only did NFL Tour suck a** but it was terrible in every way. I was hoping they would put a competely new person in charge. I'm afraid that this guy might be stuck in the past and might try to make the games a lot more the the ps2 and xbox versions then to make it stand on it own. A lot of you people must be exicted of this news because it might mean that Madden is going back to its roots but I'm disappointed in it because it might be a step backwards. Peter Moore wants to make sure this years Madden sells like it never sold on the next gen consoles because he wants to look good as the new VIP, which is why I think he picked this guy to make the game feel a lot like the beloved ps2 and xbox versions

Since I was in a rush I forgot to make this point, this change will have minor changes on Madden 09, the game is too into development for this new change to present itself in the game. How my guess is it will have some minor stuff, as in probably some things Dave wanted to put in around this time that won't be present in the game.

Even though I'm not found of the new producer, I do like that the team is bigger which can only benefit the game

Last edited by marshallfever; 02-07-2008 at 12:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »