Home

So, is my franchise finished? (problem with salary cap)

This is a discussion on So, is my franchise finished? (problem with salary cap) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: So, is my franchise finished? (problem with salary cap)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
This might be a good reason to control all 32 teams in franchise mode. If it's like current gen, you select all 32 teams, and then turn on all of the "cpu assists" so that the cpu pretty much does everything for the teams you don't actually want to control (draft, depth chart, free agents, etc). By doing this, if a salary cap issue comes up, at least it gives you the option of signing or dropping a player for any team when needed.

Have any of you tried this on next gen? I always did it that way on current gen.
I used to do it all the time as well but it doesn't let you anymore.

And I tried "The C"...and it won't let me make a trade since it's the middle of the week.

Guess I'll have to restart, oh well.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earth Blues
I used to do it all the time as well but it doesn't let you anymore.

And I tried "The C"...and it won't let me make a trade since it's the middle of the week.

Guess I'll have to restart, oh well.
Isn't it amazing how EA removes some of the best options they've ever come up with (custom playbooks, in-game saves, accelerated clock, flexibility to control 32 teams), only to install new ones that most of us have NO interest in using (passing cone, weapons, lead blocker, selling hot dogs/concessions, etc, etc)?

IMO they've come so close to giving us exactly the game we want in prior years, only to screw it up with "game enhancements"!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #11
Rookie

hi-teck's Arena

OVR: 2

Yes, I like the mid-game saves and the accelerated clock, as well as being able to EDIT positions! But, I ranted on about that on another post, anyway ... I thought the patch was supposed to fix this franchise problem? Did it not address the FA pool running dry, hence the pc teams running out of players at certain positions? Maybe I'm mistaken ... if not, this certainly sucks. Unfortunately, there is no other game in town for NFL ... is EA not monopolizing the market? Isn't some fair competition law being violated?! I hope they re-add some of the good stuff from previous and take out some of this garbage like the lead blocker, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-teck
Yes, I like the mid-game saves and the accelerated clock, as well as being able to EDIT positions! But, I ranted on about that on another post, anyway ... I thought the patch was supposed to fix this franchise problem? Did it not address the FA pool running dry, hence the pc teams running out of players at certain positions? Maybe I'm mistaken ... if not, this certainly sucks. Unfortunately, there is no other game in town for NFL ... is EA not monopolizing the market? Isn't some fair competition law being violated?! I hope they re-add some of the good stuff from previous and take out some of this garbage like the lead blocker, etc.
The patch is a joke. It doesn't effect franchises that have already been started. Unless you start a new franchise, the patch is worthless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »