Home

excFull interview on NFL lusivity with Peter Moore

This is a discussion on excFull interview on NFL lusivity with Peter Moore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
excFull interview on NFL lusivity with Peter Moore

http://www.pastapadre.com/2323/full-...th-peter-moore

Excellent Interview Pastapadre had with Peter moore. I gotta Disagree with the Madden Presentation aspect though. Me thinking Peter Moore has never seen a real NFL game on TV because when does Shannon Sharpe Pick Player 1 vs the CPU on real TV? Also he thinks the ESPN presentation is great so i do not think we will see the ESPN overlays in Madden 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2008, 12:16 PM   #2
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: excFull interview on NFL lusivity with Peter Moore

Damnit, i'm at school. It won't let me listen to the podcast. What do they talk about? I'm interested in knowing how Peter Moore is going about being the new head of EA Sports. I loved the guy when he was the lead man for the Xbox
Old 02-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

What ESPN presentation?

I had no idea EA even had the ESPN rights until I read it on this board
Old 02-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 13

"i don't think anybody in any way feels disappointed with the quality of Madden this year." - Peter Moore
Old 02-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
"i don't think anybody in any way feels disappointed with the quality of Madden this year." - Peter Moore
The interview was nothing but EA spin. Considering the site, I expected nothing less.

Maybe Steve could request an interview. I would love to read/listen to that interview.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

HA!!!!!!!!! Madden sucks...it sells because of their history, the popularity of the NFL, and the lack of alternatives. But the game sucks and let me be (apparently) the first to tell Mr. Moore that I'm disappointed with the quality of Madden this year.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
I guess Mr. Moore needs to get out more.......
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 02-15-2008, 06:55 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 21

I've been a pretty big critic of Pastapadre, but I have to give him HUGE HUGE props on the interview. He asked a ton of questions pertinent to the overall "down" feeling people have regarding Madden, and none of them were softballs. Of course Peter Moore is a great spokesman for any company and he'll do well for EASports. That being said...

- I think next go-round EA's going to go hard for the baseball exclusive

- Moore's answers were pretty much expected; it was hard to tell how much of it was corporate speak and how much he really believed. He kept referencing Metacritic reviews as proof of the quality of Madden, thus proving how badly reviewers have failed consumers in giving Madden passes for so many years (I get disgusted everytime I think about IGN & TeamXbox - and the rest). And it makes the case how important review scores are from a perception standpoint.

- I think they're going to be too focused on growing the title out (Madden; Spanish-language, NFL Tour, NFL Head Coach, etc.) on a shaky foundation. The game really doesn't have to strictly adhere to what the hardcore want, but I get the feeling they're dismissing the hardcore establishment more and more. Perhaps they view us as being too nitpicky

- His excuses for Madden's sales really didn't make sense when compared to FIFA's success if I understood correctly. Did FIFA come out after Madden when all the triple-A titles were being released and still performed better? I'm saying it was better received critically from the community than Madden was, not financially.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »