Home

Combining Madden 09 with NFL Head Coach 09

This is a discussion on Combining Madden 09 with NFL Head Coach 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2008, 10:53 AM   #9
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Combining Madden 09 with NFL Head Coach 09

That makes sense as well but think of how much better Madden would be. You'd actually feel like your building your franchise from scouting the combine to free agents. You'll know you team inside out. I plan on getting head coach but I wish Madden had all those painstaking options in it. Then it would really be truly next gen!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:05 AM   #10
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
i think head coach is there because EA is mandated by the NFL to put out a certain amount of titles each year. i don't think it'll happen. but i'll to see certain things implemented into madden.
I don't think we can assume that... I think its more of a projected dollar amount that EA is required to meet yearly. The amount of products released is up to EA and its simply more profitable to make this game seperate from Madden when in consumer terms the two games combined feature would actually make it a true next gen product.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #11
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Matter of fact you could through NFL tour into it as well... If the EA's people are maxing out these disks then I like to see proof because putting out half arse games every year and charging full price is a slap in the face. HD graphics cant be pushing the limit of these systems already. MADDEN should inclue NFL tour as a Mini Game and NFL head coach as a Game Mode Just like franchise/Owner Mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2008, 11:20 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

It wont happen, they want to charge us another 60 bucks for Franchise mode
Old 02-28-2008, 10:13 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 18

EA has, or at least used to have a soccer management game called Total Club Manager they release in Europe that intereacts with FIFA so you can play your games. Maybe they'll look to do the same with Madden and Head Coach.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #14
Pro

jp7588's Arena

The best we can hope for is probably some kind of save feature where you can load your head coach career in Madden and play the games. Probably not though because then the information would have to be transferred back to Head Coach.

I really hate the whole idea of this Head Coach thing. What's their incentive to improve franchise mode in Madden now? They're probably going to hold back on Madden out of fear of making Head Coach obsolete. Why would I buy Head Coach if I could partake in the combine and whatnot in Madden? Unfortunately both are going to sell like hot cakes because the masses are going to think this is the greatest thing since breast augmentation, when in actuality EA is taking some of the improvements they should be making on Madden and shoving them on another disc.

The only way I would be even close to ok with this is if Head Coach was released at like 30 bucks or something.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #15
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Yep your right. I didn't look at it that way. Hopefully they'll be some integration with Madden. Like you can export your franchise into Head Coach for the offseason part in Madden then import it as its done. I'm hoping for some kind of functionality. If they establish Madden based on its gameplay and they will and they're trying to establish Head Coach as a sim then they should allow additional functionality between the two just for purchasing both. Just like how they have in NCAA with the draft classes. You can take advantage of real players because you bought the college game. Just a thought. Seems a little distant but all you can do is hope. I for sure will guarantee if they don't revamp the franchise in Madden this year I'm done with it. I've been buying it since 97. If they don't make the franchise mode next gen thats it. I won't even check for it or on it anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #16
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
Why would I buy Head Coach if I could partake in the combine and whatnot in Madden? Unfortunately both are going to sell like hot cakes because the masses are going to think this is the greatest thing since breast augmentation..
Nah, the first HeadCoach game only sold about 400K. It's a niche title that'll be lucky to sell 250K this time because the first-one wasn't that great and may have turned off a lot of people in it's target audience.

I also don't think that the return of NFL HeadCoach will mean that Maddens franchise mode will suffer. The first NFL HeadCoach didn't stop EA from improving Maddens franchise mode on last-gen systems, so I don't see why that would be the case on the next-gen system.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 03-05-2008 at 03:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »