Home

Relocation?

This is a discussion on Relocation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Relocation?

Have any of you tried to relocate a team in franchise mode? If so, are you able to keep the same uniforms/team name when you relocate, or do you have to make up custom uni's, etc?

Any info you could give me on the "relocation process" would be much appreciated. I'm thinking of trying it for a change of pace, and taking a dome team like the Lions, Vikings, or Falcons and moving them to an outdoor stadium ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Relocation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Have any of you tried to relocate a team in franchise mode? If so, are you able to keep the same uniforms/team name when you relocate, or do you have to make up custom uni's, etc?

Any info you could give me on the "relocation process" would be much appreciated. I'm thinking of trying it for a change of pace, and taking a dome team like the Lions, Vikings, or Falcons and moving them to an outdoor stadium ...
On old gen you can keep the same unis....the team name I'm not sure about because I always change it. If you just want to get rid of domes, which I do....I just build a new stadium.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
On old gen you can keep the same unis....the team name I'm not sure about because I always change it. If you just want to get rid of domes, which I do....I just build a new stadium.
That's basically it .. I just want to get rid of the dome, but I'm on 360 and I don't think they have the "stadium" option anymore, except when relocating? So I thought maybe I could move someone like the Lions or Vikes to a nearby city (retain the same name and uni), then build an outdoor stadium. Just hoping someone here can verify whether or not that is possible on next gen .......
Old 03-03-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
That's basically it .. I just want to get rid of the dome, but I'm on 360 and I don't think they have the "stadium" option anymore, except when relocating? So I thought maybe I could move someone like the Lions or Vikes to a nearby city (retain the same name and uni), then build an outdoor stadium. Just hoping someone here can verify whether or not that is possible on next gen .......
no. once you decide to relocate. you must choose new team name, location, new logos, new colors, everything.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I made a thread on this a month or two ago. EA basically decided NOT to allow you to create a stadium on the 360...how messed up is that. Screw Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #6
Banned

Thanks for the info guys.

No big surprise here, EA takes away an option that many of us have enjoyed in previous years (i.e. custom playbooks, coach editing, stadium editing), only to give us more garbage options that noone ever asked for (weapons, lead blocker, bla, bla, bla)!

If only there were competition out there ... Madden would be a sure failure!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Thanks for the info guys.

No big surprise here, EA takes away an option that many of us have enjoyed in previous years (i.e. custom playbooks, coach editing, stadium editing), only to give us more garbage options that noone ever asked for (weapons, lead blocker, bla, bla, bla)!

If only there were competition out there ... Madden would be a sure failure!!!
No... it wouldn't.

Madden would still sell millions of titles, just like it did with competition.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 03-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Relocation? My bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
i got it backwards....on gamecube I can keep the team name but the unis get changed to some plain crap with no logo unless you create a new uni...but you can't get back the nfl logo your team had: ie. I tried to move the Rams back to LA. I did get the LA Rams but their unis were without the ram horns on the helmet. I could add another logo from the "generic" list but no NFL logos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »