Home

CPU Vs CPU....there IS a way!!!!

This is a discussion on CPU Vs CPU....there IS a way!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
K22
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon3 CPU Vs CPU....there IS a way!!!!

Hi madden "fans".....

I know this question has been asked before, but I'm not sure if it has been answered....
But here's the trick for those that want to play a "coach-mode" type of game:
It's simple....
Switch to a player on a passing play before the snap (make sure he's an ellegible receiver...i.e: that he has a route to run), highlight him as if you were going to take control, then switch to another ellegible receiver. Then all you need to do is snap and watch :-)
I think this setup could be useful to monitor exactly how the CPU AI reacts to itself....because usually there's human input....where here, the only human input is to select the plays....
My intention is not just to play "coach mode", but also to figure out what's exactly the method of the AI....

Try it...
9 min quarters...
weapons on.....
I use DanSF49 All-Pro All 100's Sliders which can be found here
-> http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=232859
and NJpapi's sub in/out settings found here -> http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=233434

Feedback appreciated

Last edited by K22; 03-15-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: CPU Vs CPU....there IS a way!!!!

QUESTION: When you click on the "second" reciever does the camera view switch to a sideline view...as what would be a TV presentation sideline.

Because if it still gives you the arcade view of the game from behind the QB then I will not waste my time in buying the game a "second time".

Though it is good to hear from a MOM (Manage only Mode) guy with some insight. I am so tired of asking a question about Coach Only and getting BOMBARDED with HATE replys as to WHY would ANYONE want to play in a Coach Only Mode.

We love to create players/teams and CALL PLAYS use Strategy to defeat our opponent. I have a hard time finger mashing the outcome from an Arcade view...or calling a defense from "behind the opposing teams QB" strange. But I have a nephew who loves Madden and plays the way most play ..I have no problem with it...as others have with Coach Only mode.

We are forced to play the Pc version as Modders have created a patch for both the sidelind view and Coach Mode, because EA took out the Coach Mode option now for the past three years.

I would go out and buy the 360 version today if I could play on Coach Only Mode...

Last edited by ryancorey; 03-16-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
K22
Rookie

[quote=ryancorey;2038227607]QUESTION: When you click on the "second" reciever does the camera view switch to a sideline view...as what would be a TV presentation sideline.

Because if it still gives you the arcade view of the game from behind the QB then I will not waste my time in buying the game a "second time".

Though it is good to hear from a MOM (Manage only Mode) guy with some insight. I am so tired of asking a question about Coach Only and getting BOMBARDED with HATE replys as to WHY would ANYONE want to play in a Coach Only Mode.] end quote.....

Sorry to dissapoint, but I'm afraid that the camera stays the same as usual....
I know that this method isn't a solution, but for me it plays much better like this as long as you're smart when picking your plays of course....otherwise, be prepered for the interceptionfest.....e.g. Don't expect the opposing D to be stupid enough to bite on a pass play on first down especially if there's a "smart" LB or DB on their side.....
Old 03-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Thanks ...anyway
Old 04-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

So if I select a WR to control then switch to another WR I don't have to run his route for him? I tried this method for CM before but had to run the selected WR's route for him or he'd stand there. If that's the case, I may pick Madden up again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancorey
QUESTION: When you click on the "second" reciever does the camera view switch to a sideline view...as what would be a TV presentation sideline.

Though it is good to hear from a MOM (Manage only Mode) guy with some insight. I am so tired of asking a question about Coach Only and getting BOMBARDED with HATE replys as to WHY would ANYONE want to play in a Coach Only Mode.

We love to create players/teams and CALL PLAYS use Strategy to defeat our opponent. I have a hard time finger mashing the outcome from an Arcade view...or calling a defense from "behind the opposing teams QB" strange. But I have a nephew who loves Madden and plays the way most play ..I have no problem with it...as others have with Coach Only mode.

We are forced to play the Pc version as Modders have created a patch for both the sidelind view and Coach Mode, because EA took out the Coach Mode option now for the past three years.

I would go out and buy the 360 version today if I could play on Coach Only Mode...
Hey Ryan,
I always play Madden with the idea that "I" am the new head coach of whatever team I control, but I do enjoy also playign the actual game. That said, I am interested in trying the "coach only" method that you use.

Being Madden does not include coach mode anymore, do you expect the new NFL Head Coach to fill that need? I will likely buy the anniversary set that includes both for 09' ... hopefully Head Coach is a fun change of pace ...
Old 04-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
K22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
So if I select a WR to control then switch to another WR I don't have to run his route for him? I tried this method for CM before but had to run the selected WR's route for him or he'd stand there. If that's the case, I may pick Madden up again.
Hi Nolefan,

That's correct....pick a receiver to control, highlight with the "LT bumper", then switch to ANY OTHER PLAYER using "B", then "A" to snap when you're ready....(I've since discovered that you don't have to switch to another receiver for this glitch to work)

Enjoy.....
Old 04-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by K22
Hi Nolefan,

That's correct....pick a receiver to control, highlight with the "LT bumper", then switch to ANY OTHER PLAYER using "B", then "A" to snap when you're ready....(I've since discovered that you don't have to switch to another receiver for this glitch to work)

Enjoy.....
Interesting! When I bought the game the first time it seemed as though I had to run the WR's route.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »