Home

Madden 09: Make or Break Season

This is a discussion on Madden 09: Make or Break Season within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2008, 01:13 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 09: Make or Break Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
Madden + sole ownership of NFL License= Never a Make or Break Season

IMO, Madden 08 on the 360 was a fun game
Their sales dipped even with that license.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #34
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

For me anyway, the article is dead on. I have a very small amount of interest in Madden 09, and if it doesn't improve over 08 in damn near every aspect I'm done with Madden. This will be their 4th year on 360. Their fourth year on the last systems was 2004, which was a little unbalanced toward the offense but still a really fun game.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #35
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
I see nothing coming but improved/slicker presentation...
Especially after so many felt that was the biggest problem. Don't forget about between the lines EA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Who's "bright" idea was it to go away from TV-style presentation anyway????
CFO, Financial Analyst... someone concerned with the money. I can't bring myself to believe that any developer at even EA thought a radio announcer would be better for the game. That had to be a financial decision. Had to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
When people say they disliked the gameplay I take it they mean they were frustrated with the sliders and more directly the turnover issue.
I can only speak for myself, but me disliking the gameplay is about the lack of QB pocket, psychic DBs that can see out the back of their heads, bad player interaction, stiff & repetative animations, minimal signature play, limited playbooks, limited situational animations... basically the lack of realism.

The only other EA game I play is FIFA. FIFA was much improved this year. There's no mistaking it's a soccer game. If you don't play it like soccer, the CPU at least will hand it to you. With Madden, you don't need football strategy at all. In fact, the game rewards unrealistic strategy. Sim mode EA!

Last edited by BezO; 03-25-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #36
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
With Madden, you don't need football strategy at all. In fact, the game rewards unrealistic strategy. Sim mode EA!
Excellent point,I couldn't agree more.

As far as a sim mode goes,I would LOVE to see something like that implemented.But with Moore's comments about wanting Madden to be more "user friendly" I kinda doubt we'll see it.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 03-25-2008, 03:06 PM   #37
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschool17
What you fail to realize is there are some of us who bought consoles specifically for sports..Then there are those of us who pretty much live for football...This means Madden is pretty much a day one purchase NO MATTER WHAT...Just like 2k was a DAY ONE Purchase NO MATTER WHAT...Now does my purchase alone ,ean I'll be happy with the game...hell no...I don't even own a copy of Madden 2008 right now because I'm disgusted with the game play...But comments like droids are just ignorant when you don't acknowledge the fact that real, true football fans just need their NFL, NCAA fix.
Why not just keep playing a previous versions that you did enjoy? Why do you need the latest version? Especially if you know going in that there is a decent chance of disappointment.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Excellent point,I couldn't agree more.

As far as a sim mode goes,I would LOVE to see something like that implemented.But with Moore's comments about wanting Madden to be more "user friendly" I kinda doubt we'll see it.
There are waaaay too many "core issues" with this game's gameplay engine to ever expect that they will be able to replicate anything close to a sim mode.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:37 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2
madden to me just isn't fun or realistic anymore. they put so much into the game that i can now come out in in a 4 wr set and with all the audible and hot routes make it in anything i please. in real football you never see as much audibles or hot routing as you do in this game. defence is the same thing. i only use 3 defenses and audible how i see fit and i do just fine. now if we go with one of the best out there 2k5 then we will see things that should be the norm by now. madden-hike ball run all over the back field, not get sacked, then throw a perfect spiral 50yds down field to a slanting reciever covered by a cb and a fs. 2k5 - roll the opposite side as your line=sack throw on bad foot or on the run=incomplete most of the time, throw into coverage= incomplete or pick 80% of time. you had to use your pocket or you would lose most of your games in 2k5. you had to understand more football in 2k5. you have to understand how the comp. thinks and reacts or doesn't in madden. i was a huge madden fan and now they are just making it less and less football and more and more about exploits
Old 03-27-2008, 03:09 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 32

I spent 120 bones on EA "next gen" football games and I was really disappointed. Why, because the game teased you with so much potential but came up short in so many ways. (presentation, franchise, fumbling issues and qb ai).

EA wasted 3 years with Madden and I am not too confident that they have the team in place to turn the franchise around. I drank the kool aid with all the blogs with improve game play but to only find out that last gen Madden was still a better game than my "next gen" Madden.

The bottom line is that I don't trust EA to put resources in place to make Madden even as good as last gen and I don't think EA has the talent to make Madden a great game. EA needs to NHL 08/MVP series approach and really focus on making a good football game. This game will sell but more and more people are becoming frustrated with Madden and it is not just the hardcore. I will gamefly this game and hope for the best.

PS

This is not a dis post but a real post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »