Home

Madden 09 Cover Boy - OS Roundtable

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Cover Boy - OS Roundtable within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2008, 04:11 AM   #9
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 09 Cover Boy - OS Roundtable

I think the fact that Madden'09 will be the 20th anniversary edition should be taken into consideration, so this years game shouldn't just have the usual, run-of-the-mill cover-boy.

Personally, I'd like to see John Madden front and center with a collage of every Madden cover from the past in the background (or something to that effect).

Anything but the standard fare, Madden'09 is supposed to be a celebratory event and hopefully the cover of this years game reflects that.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:11 AM   #10
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Just put Madden back on the cover.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #11
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm thinking it will be Eli...
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #12
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I'm thinking it will be Eli...
Have they ever had back-to-back same position covers before? I can't recall off the top of my head.

It's a commemorative year so I'm guessing they'll want a potential future HOFer on the cover.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
You all have good suggestions, well except for Tom Brady. But I think it should be a guy who completely changes his team when he's out there. I'm talking about the Defensive POY, BOB SANDERS!! I'm not even a colts fan, but i love this guy.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:14 PM   #14
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Have they ever had back-to-back same position covers before? I can't recall off the top of my head.

It's a commemorative year so I'm guessing they'll want a potential future HOFer on the cover.
Michael Strahan.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 03-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #15
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Michael Strahan.
I don't think he or Favre would be eligible if they retire as they are no longer part of the NFLPA, correct? EA wouldn't have the license to their likenesses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2008, 12:10 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo
Tom Brady a role model? Hahaha, yeah knocking up ex girlfriends is just what kids should strive for and spazzing out on the field at teammates in blowouts (he did this numerous times) and getting into trash talking with chump players (like that steelers safety who ran his mouth) is really the role kids should follow. I won't even get started in running up the score by throwing bombs late in 4th qtr blowouts to pad the stats (Brady could have easily audibled out of these calls if he cared about sportsmanship or pulled himself out of the game) and how that is hardly what role models do. Oh and of all the top QBs currently in the NFL, Brady is the WORST role model. For someone to say he is a role model is pretty damn amusing to me but then again, I do not care that brady got lucky to be on a great team with a great defense and kicker that got him 3 rings by a whopping 3 pts each so I actually look at how he is rather than be all amazed at the 3 rings.

Oh and who cares if he dates a supermodel? Here is something that will blow your minds- Manface (aka Gisele since her face is very mannish) dated Leo DiCaprio and most likely other guys before Brady...should we all go and be jealous of them? And how did it become plural (supermodels) when he has apparently only dated one? And why do football fans acts like he has dated the hottest women alive when his last two girlfriends are avg looking at best and far hotter women are dating people other than tom brady? People act like Brady can just have any woman he wants yet it sure seems that is way off reality.

I don't even want to get into his "record breaking" year where he threw a whopping one more td than Manning despite having 81 more attempts (that is a TD % of 9.9 for manning and 8.7 for brady) and throwing quite a few of those TDs in junk time when he should have been on the bench. The same is true for the yards. If Peyton Manning had that many attempts or if he even played the final reg season game of the 04 seasons he'd have probably had 53+ TDs and more yards. The best thing Brady did was only throw the 8 INTs...that was impressive although when 3/4 of your passes are 5-10 yard dumps to a wide open welker or your RBs it isn't difficult to keep it from being picked but hey, that was great play calling and decision making on his part. Brady's year was great but it still doesn't touch Manning's 04 season hence why the rating for Peyton is 4 points higher...and people can bring up the 16-0 stuff all they want but who cares? It doesn't matter since they didn't win the only game that truly mattered and they were lucky to go 16-0 since there were 3 or even 4 games they should have lost (vs the heavily injury plagued Colts who blew the 4th qtr lead, the ravens who somehow blew that, the eagles, and the giants who blew that double digit lead) but luck seemed to get them the wins...i like to think of it though as karma setting them up to have the biggest upset/choke job in SB history which was so fitting for that team.

I'd like to see someone like Moss on the cover. Actually no...I want to see a defensive player (don't care who) and for the game to actually not suck. I got an idea...how about instead of looking for a cover athlete and paying for that (along with silly *** music in the game) EA focuses on the actual gameplay and just puts madden on the cover. nah, can't do that...that'd make sense.
oooo steveo where to start

seems someone is a little jealous of tommy boy

your arguement is wrong on sooooo many levels

bradys is better than manning face it

GQ MAN OF THE YEAR

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »