Home

Help your PC brothers...Boycott or Delay your Madden 09 purchase.

This is a discussion on Help your PC brothers...Boycott or Delay your Madden 09 purchase. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #9
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Help your PC brothers...Boycott or Delay your Madden 09 purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36

"Unlike the console (community), this (PC) community is more MATURE and spends ALOT of dollars."

"There may be less of us than the consoles, but we (PC Gamers) are MORE AFFLUENT, MORE PROFESSIONAL than our console counterparts."
....Mr.Scarface

And then you want us immature, unprofessional, not as affluent console owners to boycott 09?

Last edited by bsb13; 04-01-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #10
Rookie

triplela's Arena

OVR: 3

Rgiles. I understand that a lot of people have moved on to consoles and I actually did consider it last summer. What changed my mind? Madden 08. I played a friend's 360 version and saw the bugs first hand. The incorrect uniforms. The free agent and turnover bugs. Plus the fact that it took so long to come out with a patch. All of that together made me decide to stick with the PC version, which, while not perfect, was more playable, in my opinion. If you move to consoles, more power to you. Enjoy Madden 09. I hope it's better than 08 out the box. My preference is to stick to 08 PC. And NZA, I agree, I believe textmod is just the beginning. I envision before long, Madden 08 being like MVP 05 for the PC. It's like a new game each year. The folks at mvpmods.com and football-freaks.com will make me forget all about EA Sports.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #11
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

You don't understand. Going from one console to the next is not even close to being comparable to going from PC to console. Madden PC can do things the console can't touch - many things. I like franchise mode, for instance, and there's no way I'd go from being able to control almost anything thanks to editors, to the crap that is franchise mode on consoles. Hell, just the fact I can navigate stat sheets with a mouse is a huge bonus over a clumbsy control pad. PC is an entirely different way to play football - a better way if you can overlook the fact it's not on a comfy sofa and not quite as "user friendly" (which some people can't). It isn't as simple as going from PC to console like it a seamless transition.

And no, to continue playing Madden we don't have to buy anything. As I said, Madden 08 PC will probably still be the best NFL game this year thanks to user updates. Hell, thanks to TexMod, we could hack the menu to read Madden 09 if we wanted. It'd probably be close to what it would have been anyway (and the sad thing is, that's not even a joke).

Last edited by Nza; 04-01-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #12
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplela
Rgiles. I understand that a lot of people have moved on to consoles and I actually did consider it last summer. What changed my mind? Madden 08. I played a friend's 360 version and saw the bugs first hand. The incorrect uniforms. The free agent and turnover bugs. Plus the fact that it took so long to come out with a patch. All of that together made me decide to stick with the PC version, which, while not perfect, was more playable, in my opinion. If you move to consoles, more power to you. Enjoy Madden 09. I hope it's better than 08 out the box. My preference is to stick to 08 PC. And NZA, I agree, I believe textmod is just the beginning. I envision before long, Madden 08 being like MVP 05 for the PC. It's like a new game each year. The folks at mvpmods.com and football-freaks.com will make me forget all about EA Sports.
Texmod is nice but it is just a stopgap hopefully - being able to really edit everything like MVP does would be better. If EA want to save some face with the Madden PC crowd, they should release internal editing tools they used to make Madden PC. It's only fair IMO, and I see no reason why they shouldn't - if we're not important enough that they will happily risk pissing off every Madden PC fan to the point they won't buy Madden console on principle, then I'm sure they don't consider us a threat if we kept 08 alive by ourselves.

I really wish this is something we could push to EA - in fact, I think i'd prefer an unlocked 08 editing wise as opposed to 09 PC anyway.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:55 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 6

When i say More Mature/More Professional......in regards to age and status in life. Most PC gamers are Older and are at different stage in life than their console counterparts. I was talking about MONEY, not styles of play or anything. Yes, I could have phrased it different.....but anger got the best of me. I have a 360. There is a much younger demographic on LIVE......its not meant to put down anyone........but the PC crowd is usually a different demographic.

Last edited by Mr.Scarface; 04-01-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:08 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 6

The PC is a constantly evolving platform. My PC is more powerful that my Xbox 360 or PS3. You cannot compare the PS1, etc....to a PC. The PC can ALWAYS be state of the ART...if supported. EA hasn't supported properly. When console players complain about the Next Gen game and stop playing, the PC players are able to work with what we have......mod as needed...and make it a great experience. All we ask is for a chance to continue our community. NO offense to console players. I will play NCAA on the console....even Madden. However, I always go back to the PC leagues because of the brotherhood that has developed over the years.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:03 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not buying anymore EA games new ever again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2008, 09:43 AM   #16
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

So why has there not be an invention that allows us to play X-Box 360 or PS3 games on our computer? The way I envision that device to be is similiar to the Internal DVD player (or external). You plug it in like normal (USB if external), pop the disk in, and voila you can play Madden '09 PS3 or XBox 360.

Regardless, despite not really getting into Madden 2008 this past season (life took over), my wife will be happy I'm not going to be shelling out another $40 for another rehash.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »