Home

Madden 09: Madden Mondays, Brought to You by GameStop

This is a discussion on Madden 09: Madden Mondays, Brought to You by GameStop within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2008, 03:49 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden 2009 Mondays:User controlled celebrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudiamonds1979
Yeah, Ea's about 4 years late. 2k5 also had halftime and postgame show. Man EA is lazy. I hope they improve the game but I'm not holding my breath!!!
So EA should just not bring any features ESPN had 4 years ago then? Jeesh, you guys find a way to criticize either way. If they don't bring in features a previous game had then you're furious. If they do bring it in then you're mocking them.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #42
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
So EA should just not bring any features ESPN had 4 years ago then? Jeesh, you guys find a way to criticize either way. If they don't bring in features a previous game had then you're furious. If they do bring it in then you're mocking them.
thats the way it is these days man. EA could do everything exactly like 2k5 and it still wouldn't be right because the cover still says EA.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #43
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
thats the way it is these days man. EA could do everything exactly like 2k5 and it still wouldn't be right because the cover still says EA.
If they did everything exactly like 2K5 they'd deserve to be criticized - 2K5 was four years ago. From my understanding, both FIFA and NHL '08 have taken their respective genres beyond what came before it, even though those titles had their own rough years in next gen. Yet now they're celebrated. That's the reason EA doesn't deserve a lot of credit for adding last gen features. People want them to go beyond what's already been done, not take years to implement what 2K5 and Madden did last generation. The problem is the game has been so bad that for some of you the only bar Tiburon has to meet is to simply make a competent game.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #44
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yup that's the rub. If they don't have the last gen features, people complain, and if they implement them people complain. It's a no win situation. But it makes it easier for certain individuals to push their little agenda's and blind company loyalties.

It's certainly become the popular trend to pile on to EA at any given chance. Which is unfortunate. While I have not been a big fan of Madden the last couple of years, I'll actually wait until I get some quality time with the game, before passing judgement.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:11 AM   #45
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
If they did everything exactly like 2K5 they'd deserve to be criticized - 2K5 was four years ago. From my understanding, both FIFA and NHL '08 have taken their respective genres beyond what came before it, even though those titles had their own rough years in next gen. Yet now they're celebrated. That's the reason EA doesn't deserve a lot of credit for adding last gen features. People want them to go beyond what's already been done, not take years to implement what 2K5 and Madden did last generation. The problem is the game has been so bad that for some of you the only bar Tiburon has to meet is to simply make a competent game.
then why did I hear last year that Madden was terrible because they didn't have LG features? And people said they wanted LG features in the game. And now they add them, and its still not good enough? And why do I hear that Madden should implement this and that, that was done by 2k? As I said before, EA is in a no win situation.

And I agree that its disappointing that Madden has lacked these features and the atmosphere on CG that it had LG. With that said, you have to crawl before you walk. Maybe they are taking to scenic route to get to where many of us want the game to be, but at least they are making the trip.

Now, I'll sit back and await your next, but certainly not last, anti-EA/Tiburon/Madden post and for you to tell me how silly I am to be happy with the product that EA is delivering. Go ahead, post away, I'll wait.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2008, 10:53 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 16

Snow Day! Madden Mondays Week 2: Weather

Quote:
Although some games are played in domes, football remains one of the sports in which weather can be a factor. Some of the most memorable football moments come when teams battle the elements and each other. Who can forget last year's blizzard-like Seahawks vs. Packers playoff game, or the 1967 "Ice Bowl?"

For our continuing Madden Mondays series, EA Sports has given us another exclusive sneak peek at one of the features of Madden NFL 09, shipping out August 12, as well as the 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition of Madden NFL 09 for Xbox 360 and PS3. In their efforts to enhance the drama and emotion of a real football game, they've taken on the weather.

To give Mother Nature the respect she deserves, they've overhauled everything from Madden 08 to give you a movie-like experience. One of these overhauls is fog, and lots of it. It gives a greater sense of depth and scale and makes the stadiums seem huge. We've heard that no two snowflakes are alike, and although we haven't seen every flake in Madden 09, we can tell you the snow is more realistic than ever. You'll see deeper snow on the fields, with dramatic accumulation and realistic wear from play. Player's footsteps will leave imprints, snow will be piled on the sidelines and the yardage lines will be shoveled, just like in a real game. We probably won't see a snowplow clearing off a space for a field goal since the NFL banned their use after the infamous 1982 "Snowplow Game." But you never know.

Improved color correction and stadium light bloom mean that you'll see the steam of a player's breath on a frosty night, as well as splashes of water when his feet hit the rain-covered turf. And the 3-dimensional interaction that snow and rain particles have with the wind may tempt you to bundle up when you play. You'll see it all at a movie-quality 60 FPS rate on the Xbox 360 and PS3. All of these subtle differences add up to give you an immersive NFL experience that may tempt you to bundle up.

Remember, these exclusive peeks aren't necessarily the main new features. They're just the tip of the iceberg. EA Sports is keeping the rest of the iceberg top secret for now. But we will continue to chip away at the iceberg with another exclusive every Monday for the next six weeks.
MADDEN 2008 SNOW

MADDEN 2009SNOW
Old 04-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #47
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 09: Madden Mondays, Brought to You by GameStop

Madden 09 makes 08 look like GARBAGE!

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-21-2008, 11:30 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 09: Madden Mondays, Brought to You by GameStop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Madden 09 makes 08 look like GARBAGE!
LOL..Lighting alone...

I can't wait to see bigger pics...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »