Home

Oh if Only EA had capable enough devs to use Euphoria..

This is a discussion on Oh if Only EA had capable enough devs to use Euphoria.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2008, 12:50 AM   #17
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Oh if Only EA had capable enough devs to use Euphoria..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Watching that video MAKES ME SICK. Knowing that both NCAA and Madden will still rely on the outdated mo-crap animations. THIS is what the "next-gen" was supposed to be about, taking EVERYTHING to the next level. Not casually adding a few more animations each year to try and make it realistic. I just don't understand EA's arrogance here, they have this staring them right in the face but they refuse to use it. Instead they'd rather spend all their money backing motion capture. WHICH IS SERIOUSLY OUTDATED. Its 2008 EA, please quit using PS1 techniques.
"Next gen" gaming has been a farce in many ways because, while the hardware is increasing at a linear steady rate, the skills of developers are not. There comes a point where the hardware can handle much more than the average game programmer is capable of producing. Real time physics engines is an example. It is far more complex to make than an animation engine which loads pre-rendered animations. Given what we've seen from Madden and other EASports games lately, do you really think these guys could even do it if they tried? This is a reality facing most developers today, particularly as they juggle between deadlines for release dates and the fact the average consumer isn't aware of what they're missing out on.

This is where companies come in who outsource their skills/engines/technologies to companies like EA for inclusion in their games. However, when the company in question here seems disinterested (or perhaps too "proud" to ask for help), it doesn't bode well.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:18 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Too many flying tackles attempts..I want to see real game play
Agree. It still is a tech demo, and with EA buying everything maybe they'll buy this company as well.

UPDATE -- I didn't read, that video was of a mini-game in Backbreaker called Tackle Alley or something.

Last edited by JRod; 04-16-2008 at 05:21 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:16 PM   #19
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

The thing about EA using it is this, would the increase in sales of Madden and/or NCAA be enough to offset the R and D cost of implementing it into their games? I'm not sure the answer is yes, and I don't think EA thinks so either.

I think it would significantly increase the sales of their football line-up because this technology would give their games that 'WOW-factor' that EA has been seeking in order to draw-in more casual gamers who aren't already Madden fans.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #20
Rookie

madmastermind's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Watching that video MAKES ME SICK. Knowing that both NCAA and Madden will still rely on the outdated mo-crap animations. THIS is what the "next-gen" was supposed to be about, taking EVERYTHING to the next level. Not casually adding a few more animations each year to try and make it realistic. I just don't understand EA's arrogance here, they have this staring them right in the face but they refuse to use it. Instead they'd rather spend all their money backing motion capture. WHICH IS SERIOUSLY OUTDATED. Its 2008 EA, please quit using PS1 techniques.
Amen. I couldn't have said it any better.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #21
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

EVERY tackle in that vid looked better than ANY tackle I've EVER seen in an EA football game.

It took EA until what, 2008 to get gang tackles? Maybe we'll see real time physics in their 3rd year on the NEXT gen systems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2008, 07:32 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
EVERY tackle in that vid looked better than ANY tackle I've EVER seen in an EA football game.

It took EA until what, 2008 to get gang tackles? Maybe we'll see real time physics in their 3rd year on the NEXT gen systems.
They don't have real gang tackling/2 + player tackling yet (although it was advertised as such). Maybe this year. Maybe I should say where you can always pile on if you want.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #23
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Even the flying tackles that missed the ball carrier by three yards?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #24
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Even the flying tackles that missed the ball carrier by three yards?

It was a simulation of the Cincinnati Bengal tryouts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »