Home

OK, seriously, who cannot wait for this game??

This is a discussion on OK, seriously, who cannot wait for this game?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2008, 05:00 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: OK, seriously, who cannot wait for this game??

I throw in Madden a fair amount these days as I get ready for the draft. Then I take it out and throw in All-Pro Football. Then I wonder why I ever threw in Madden. I've gotten every new football game every year since PS1 days if not earlier, but I can't imagine either NCAA or Madden being as good as APF already is, and that game has the benefit of never going out date.

I really don't think I'll be buying a football game this year.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I am pumped for this game a little. I am more pumped for NCAA but once I see that AFC/NFC Hall Of Fame game, oh yeah, the anticipation will go thru the roof.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-17-2008, 06:07 PM   #19
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Im w\ you ThreeKing...I cant wait...

fortunately Madden didnt insult my mother or try to sleep w\ my wife so im cool
Old 04-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #20
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm with seanmac,I'm skipping this year's dynamic duo of NCAA and Madden....No they didn't insult mom and pop dukes but they did take my money.....and I'm like big worm when it comes to my money...."Playing with my money,is like playing with my emotions".......

Now if they would have led off with some new feature like "Revamped Lineman Play and blocking".......It would have caught my eye...But "New Endzone Celebrations" doesn't get me amped up.

Sorry EA.....Fool me once,shame on you,fool me twice,shame on me.......
Old 04-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #21
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

meh im in wait and see mode or its the same crap spewed out from EA mode...trailers mean nothing, pics mean nothing, i want to see/hear how the game looks then i can be pumped about something
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #22
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

I am definitely in wait and see mode with both NCAA and Madden. Every year the media blitz makes the game sound great, and, so far, each year on next-gen has been a disappointment. After 07, I told myself 'not next year' and I made the mistake of believing the hype and bought 08 on release date. Not happening this year.
Funny thing is, it isn't really a money issue for me. Not that I like wasting $60, but really seeing things like constant turnovers and other problems that should have been caught before realease that frustrate the crap out of me becasue I feel like I wasted my time.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #23
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Why so many haters??

I swear, some of you guys act like this game personally insulted your mother.

If some of you guys read my first post, I was a hardcore basher. I'm just trying to see the light.

I know Madden has not been good the last few years, but damn, it can only get better...right?

For someone who has been a Madden basher for the past 4 years you are very easily swayed. Keep in mind that what EA says will be in the game MAY NOT be in the game, past history proves that. Then there is usually at least one glaring problem with the game that ruins the entire gameplay for some, i.e. ridiculous interceptions, no player fatigue, etc. I will rent then decide whether or not to buy, just as I did last year and I didn't buy. But in answer to your original question, no I am not pumped for this game, not even cautiously optimistic.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
It's funny because I'm more interested in seeing what the PS2 version of Madden'09 has to offer than the the current-gen version.

I think the current-gen version will take a big step forward this year, but I still don't think it'll be on par with what I've become accustomed to from the last-gen version (in terms of franchise-mode depth and certain gameplay nuances like slide-protection and so on); I hope I'm wrong though.

Either way, I'm almost certain that NFL Headcoach will be my #1 option for football gaming this fall...
I feel you but that's just sad. NOBODY should have to even anticipate what LAST GEN madden will bring. I was almost tempted to get Madden 08 on PS2 last year to play on my PS3. Oh well, I'm a little bit excited but i'm not holding my breath.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »