Home

Phil Frazier answering questions in the EA forums!!

This is a discussion on Phil Frazier answering questions in the EA forums!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #25
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Phil Frazier answering questions in the EA forums!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
crap, no mention of accelerated clock and in-game saves. Other than actual gameplay improvements, these are the two items that I want to see the most. The other things sound good, no surprise at this time of the year. We'll see......
To this point no features have been mention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #26
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Its good to see that hes being open about a lot of things. I hate it when they side step questions because its not the answer we want to hear.

It does seem like they are improving the game every year, i'm not sure why some people can't seem to see that. Its also good to see that it'll play as fast as 08 but look as good as 07, i'm in the boat that thinks 07 looked better than 08 as you could tell.

I know they havn't talked about animations, physics and momentum yet, but i hope they've done some drastic adjustments to those areas.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #27
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
Look.

All of this stuff is good and fine. But what this comes down to EVERY DAMN YEAR, is, that is the game FUN to play on the field?

We can all talk about referees, field goal nets, uniforms, and all of this external crap that yes is good to see in the game in terms of presentation benefits. But if you have potholes in the game such as insane amounts of fumbles, LB's that have Lebron James's vertical leap, and INT's that are always returned for Touchdowns, what the hell does all that other stuff matter? If the game of Football is not fun/realistic to play, then all of this other stuff is magnified 100 times because we aren't enjoying the one part of the game that is TRULY important.

So EA Sports, I freaking BEG of you. If you're going to release game that does not have all the "little things" covered, then you damn well better make sure you test the game good enough to ensure that ridiculously obvious bugs don't fall through the cracks. I absolutely refuse to believe that a company who can just offer 2 billion dollars CASH to buy a rival doesn't have the resources to ensure that their flagship title ships without unacceptable bugs. Come on.
QFT my man, I feel the exact same way...At the very least they should be able to put out a technically sound game.
They are freaking EA!!! and they have more then enough $$$ to be making real advancements in both presentation and gameplay.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #28
MVP

BezO's Arena

I'm seeing more & more that my taste are against the grain. 99% of the questions in that thread have nothing to do with my interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
It does seem like they are improving the game every year, i'm not sure why some people can't seem to see that.
I think you're mistaken folks disappointment with what is being improved and how much vs no improvement at all. But improvement is relative. If you're looking for realism, for example, you may feel improvements have been minimal. If you're looking for... well I'm not sure what draws folks to this game, but whatever it is, I'm sure there has been more & more of it over the years.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm seeing more & more that my taste are against the grain. 99% of the questions in that thread have nothing to do with my interest.

I think you're mistaken folks disappointment with what is being improved and how much vs no improvement at all. But improvement is relative. If you're looking for realism, for example, you may feel improvements have been minimal. If you're looking for... well I'm not sure what draws folks to this game, but whatever it is, I'm sure there has been more & more of it over the years.
I am drawn to the game because its NFL football and it does a good job, imo, of representing the sport.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #30
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Hopefully its good this year. I miss playing good football games
Old 04-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #31
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

It seemed to me that Ortiz was all about making the game for the Ritalin generation, limiting presentation and features outside of the on-field gameplay, while making the game on the field play like something that appeals to the most casual of fan or the type of player you see on Madden Nation, basically tailoring the whole experience so that you can play a game in a very short amount of time. At its heart I feel like this is how next-gen was designed and no matter what tools were given to the sim gamers to adjust it more to their taste it just couldn't shake the intent of its design.

On last-gen I feel like Madden truly did try to capture more of a football simulation and it also had a much greater attention to detail all around. Does anyone remember how when guys would get minor injuries in games they would return with a taped ankle or wrist? I thought that was awesome when I first saw it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2008, 06:40 PM   #32
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
It seemed to me that Ortiz was all about making the game for the Ritalin generation, limiting presentation and features outside of the on-field gameplay, while making the game on the field play like something that appeals to the most casual of fan or the type of player you see on Madden Nation, basically tailoring the whole experience so that you can play a game in a very short amount of time. At its heart I feel like this is how next-gen was designed and no matter what tools were given to the sim gamers to adjust it more to their taste it just couldn't shake the intent of its design.

On last-gen I feel like Madden truly did try to capture more of a football simulation and it also had a much greater attention to detail all around. Does anyone remember how when guys would get minor injuries in games they would return with a taped ankle or wrist? I thought that was awesome when I first saw it.
Great Post. I'm not sure if the blame can be laid at the feet of Ortiz, but this does seem to be the overriding philosophy that has been governing the game for the last 5 years or so. Sadly, I think a large percentage of the Madden customer base likes it that way. Those aren't the people who are active on this board of course, but I think they are out there in droves.

There is always going to be that tug of war between those who want the game chock full of subtlety and nuance, and those who want to play 4 games in an hour. Hopefully the game will swing back toward the detailed oriented approach this year.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »