Home

Madden '09 -- "more than 85 new features and enhancements.."

This is a discussion on Madden '09 -- "more than 85 new features and enhancements.." within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2008, 05:15 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden '09 -- "more than 85 new features and enhancements.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I too am wondering about playoff atmosphere. When oh when will sports games start including this? I would assume it would fall under this list of features, but I don’t see it. I hope it is a surprise for later on.

Also year after year I wait to see if they include a presentation feature showing highlights of other games while I am playing my season or franchise games. Pregame, halftime, postgame. I'll take anything. The old Madden and NHL games did this. Why don't they bring it back.
i havent seen it mentioned yet but my copy of GTAIV came with a pre-order slip for madden 09 that listed a whole bunch of bullet-point features that i havent seen mentioned yet on these boards including some kind of "Improved Beyond Network TV Presentation" or something along those lines, so i guess that means that are putting a little more effort into the presentation this year

Currently Playing
Fight Night Rd. 4 (360)
UFC Undisputed (360)
FIFA 09 (360)
MLB: The Show 09 (PS3)
Old 05-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 17

[quote=geraldparr;2038315798]That's according to espn's cover boy announcement...the article lists a few of the enhancements, but that still leaves about 80 features that we will hear about pretty soon..

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...t&lid=tab8pos1[/QUOT

Only need one and it's not there. Great gameplay.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 0

[quote=jfsolo;2038316129]Not out of touch, just not really part of the core target demographic, a group for which over hyping the game is very sound and effective strategy.

The 14 year old high school freshmen who I teach, think that Madden is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and when I try to explain to them why I'm been disappointed with the game for many years now, I might as well be speaking French. They're totally oblivious to the issues that we have with the game.

An overwhelming majority hate all the 2k games, because they're "too hard", or makes them "think to much." It is what it is.[/quote]

You are very wise my friend... The target consumer for EA is the commercially induced youth who don't care about realism or quality in a football game but just want to be able to jump on, throw bombs, sack the QB and talk ish to their buddies.
2K Sports makes sports sims where you must have knowledge of the sport and have patience to learn to be a successful.
Its pretty sad that adult gamers over the age of 18 buy Madden every year. I mean you would figure they would've wised up by now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2008, 05:33 PM   #76
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

[quote=2K Football Deity;2038330979]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Not out of touch, just not really part of the core target demographic, a group for which over hyping the game is very sound and effective strategy.

The 14 year old high school freshmen who I teach, think that Madden is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and when I try to explain to them why I'm been disappointed with the game for many years now, I might as well be speaking French. They're totally oblivious to the issues that we have with the game.

An overwhelming majority hate all the 2k games, because they're "too hard", or makes them "think to much." It is what it is.[/quote]

You are very wise my friend... The target consumer for EA is the commercially induced youth who don't care about realism or quality in a football game but just want to be able to jump on, throw bombs, sack the QB and talk ish to their buddies.
2K Sports makes sports sims where you must have knowledge of the sport and have patience to learn to be a successful.
Its pretty sad that adult gamers over the age of 18 buy Madden every year. I mean you would figure they would've wised up by now.

i loved 2k5 but i moved on........im through with 2k sports

their joke of a release APF (thanks for 2k5 V1.2---minus all the features from 2k5 mind you)

and continued butchering of MLB (ben brinkman saying "the ps3 WILL run at 60 fps")

thanks

Last edited by K_GUN; 05-01-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:57 PM   #77
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

[quote=2K Football Deity;2038330979]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Not out of touch, just not really part of the core target demographic, a group for which over hyping the game is very sound and effective strategy.

I am sorry, you must be confused. This is the Madden forum.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 0

[quote=countryboy;2038331185]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K Football Deity

I am sorry, you must be confused. This is the Madden forum.
Yes, this is where people need help.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:09 PM   #79
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

[quote=2K Football Deity;2038331211]
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

go over to the NFL 2k9 forum

oh thats right, it's not out this year

sorry bout that
Old 05-01-2008, 06:15 PM   #80
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

[quote=2K Football Deity;2038331211]
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

I sure hope that you don't talk down to your students who have different opinions then yours.

And I don't need you help, thanks though. I am doing just fine.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »