Home

Madden 09 Interview: GameTap

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Interview: GameTap within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2008, 01:16 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 09 Interview: GameTap

It's only fitting that the rewind feature would be in this game. I'm surprised it didn't come sooner. Madden used to go crazy with the rewind button during telecasts. I would be like "Damn, OK Madden, I get it!!"

The more I think about it, I'm starting to love this feature. I seriously doubt it ill can used outside of practice and exhibition mode. It polishes your game IMO. How many times have you seen the open receiver, but accidentally pressed the wrong button? OR How many times you should've cut left instead of right?

You're never gonna get that same EXACT situation by starting the whole play over, but If you rewind back to the spot before you passed the ball or made your cut you can fine tune things.

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 04-26-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2008, 01:32 PM   #42
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

"EA Sports Backtrack" sounds like it's going to be an awesome feature to have in the middle of a game you're playing. "EA Sports Rewind", not so much. Having a 'do-over' just seems dumb to me. I made a mistake, show me how I screwed up, and I'll learn for next time. No need for the rewinding.

But I can easily not use that part of it, so it's no big deal.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:32 PM   #43
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
It's only fitting that the rewind feature would be in this game. I'm surprised it didn't come sooner. Madden used to go crazy with the rewind button during telecasts. I would be like "Damn, OK Madden, I get it!!"

The more I think about it, I'm starting to love this feature. I seriously doubt it ill can used outside of practice and exhibition mode. It polishes your game IMO. How many times have you seen the open receiver, but accidentally pressed the wrong button? OR How many times you should've cut left instead of right?

You're never gonna get that same EXACT situation by starting the whole play over, but If you rewind back to the spot before you passed the ball or made your cut you can fine tune things.

Wait WTF Are you talking about? rewinding the actual game or being able to rewind a fragment of the game ala replay mode? Cause if their putting in a rewind a play during the game, then that sounds pretty bad to me.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #44
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan

Thats part of the game in my opinion. The sport is based off decision making, good or bad.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-26-2008, 02:51 PM   #45
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Yeah, EA Sports Rewind is where you actually can get a do over. Thank God we don't have to use this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #46
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Yeah, EA Sports Rewind is where you actually can get a do over. Thank God we don't have to use this.
thats sad.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-26-2008, 02:54 PM   #47
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
thats sad.
My speculation was that it would just allow you to see what happened..i don't like this, at least we don't HAVE to use it.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:58 PM   #48
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I don't think the rewind feature is used in game. I think its just used in this new practice mode. At least that's what I got from reading the interview.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »