Home

Passing Game

This is a discussion on Passing Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2008, 09:03 PM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Passing Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Hmmm, that is a plan. How do I get the updated rosters? Can I play with them on line?
I honestly don't know. But if you visit the "NFL 2K" Forums, I am sure that someone there would be able to help you out.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

What system are you on?

There is definitely touch passing for Madden 08 on PS2.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:13 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan4Life
What system are you on?

There is definitely touch passing for Madden 08 on PS2.
Madden 08 on the PS2 was the best of the bunch and in my opinion, the pinnacle of the franchise...next gen efforts have been an absolute let down. I feel like I'm in year two of the last gen (PS2, xbox) releases...they started all over with the process of discovery and the tweaking/debugging has started all over AGAIN.

They should have ported the last gen versions directly to the next gen consoles and built on that...maybe smoothing out the aliasing, built in better sideline interaction and annimations, adding more gameplay annimations, beefed up the front end, kept improving the physics, better passing control, fixed the spawn game and added online leagues...instead they created each of the last few years a game that's held my interest for all of about 2 weeks. I have had no desire, after the initial excitement of the release, to play it.

Just think, they're another 2 or 3 years away from getting the gameplay to level of the current gen releases...that's how I view thier progress or lack there of. I'm growing tired of the franchise...I watched the first video footage of Madden 09 on IGN.com and it was a yawn fest...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2008, 12:11 PM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

After playing All-Pro for several months I popped in Madden 07 just to see what it was like and it was almost unplayable. You're right, there is no variance at all in the QB throws. It also doesn't help that the ILB have this amazing ability to leap 10 feet in the air, or slide over 10-15 yards and INT a pass that's intended for what appears to be a wide-open WR.

I don't see this changing in 09 which is why (among other things) I'm likely sticking with All-Pro and will maybe give Backbreaker a shot. Oh, and Tecmo Bowl for the DS should be good.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
After playing All-Pro for several months I popped in Madden 07 just to see what it was like and it was almost unplayable. You're right, there is no variance at all in the QB throws. It also doesn't help that the ILB have this amazing ability to leap 10 feet in the air, or slide over 10-15 yards and INT a pass that's intended for what appears to be a wide-open WR.

I don't see this changing in 09 which is why (among other things) I'm likely sticking with All-Pro and will maybe give Backbreaker a shot. Oh, and Tecmo Bowl for the DS should be good.
Agreed 100%. I switched back to All Pro last night. It was like night and day. AllPro football for now.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
I popped in and tried to force myself to play Madden O8 (only NFL game in town). During the game I rolled out and had a wide open receiver about 15 yards down field. I threw the ball. Unfortunately the pass was intercepted underneath by a LB who was about 7 yards in front of me. Strange! I tapped the button for a touch pass with no luck. Instead, as always I threw a line drive. I then realized why I put this game down in the first place (amoung other things). There is no variance in throws. No touch. Every thing is pretty much a line drive!! This is pretty much through out the game. Every throw is same.

For 09 I am wondering if they will address this???
It's gotten a little better post-patch, but there's still no comparison. When it comes to the passing game, everything-and I do mean everything, from quarterback drops, movement within the pocket, throwing motions, OL/DL interaction and a proper pocket, WR/DB interaction at the line of scrimmage, WR route running, LB chucks in zone coverage, right on through the passing physics model- is light years better in APF than in any of the next gen Maddens. If you spend any time poking around the replays on passing plays, moving from position to position to look at different things, it's just absurd what a difference there is.

I'd love to see EA spend their time addressing this issue, but I don't expect it.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #15
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I popped in and tried to force myself to play Madden O8 (only NFL game in town). During the game I rolled out and had a wide open receiver about 15 yards down field. I threw the ball. Unfortunately the pass was intercepted underneath by a LB who was about 7 yards in front of me. Strange! I tapped the button for a touch pass with no luck. Instead, as always I threw a line drive. I then realized why I put this game down in the first place (amoung other things). There is no variance in throws. No touch. Every thing is pretty much a line drive!! This is pretty much through out the game. Every throw is same.

For 09 I am wondering if they will address this???

not sure about 09 but use the left directional...push up for lofted passes

no where near as nice as 2k...but it can be done
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11

If I wore a shirt and 20 people told me that it was ugly, I probably would get rid of it. 200,000 people can complain about the same issues in Madden, and nothing changes for 3 years. Talk about arrogance.

I like the direction Phil Frazier and EA are going thus far, but I felt the same way last year (cough, cough, Ian Cummings, cough)

Hopefully, they've been holding back for this 20 year Anniversary edition.

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 05-01-2008 at 01:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »