Home

Madden 09 Gillette Stadium Trailer: GameTrailers

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Gillette Stadium Trailer: GameTrailers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #49
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: new madden 09 trailer

can't download the HD version. Anyone else having the same problem?
Old 05-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #50
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
can't download the HD version. Anyone else having the same problem?
Yep!

Would be nice to see in HD. Looks pretty good so far. Like another poster said this *looks* like the best Madden I've seen to date.

I like the lighting, but I hope that they bring back progressive lighting and also make each stadiums shadows more realistic. Speaking as a R*edskins season ticket holder, they have a shadow that covers the home team's side of the field that is persistent at all games at FedEx Field. They had it right for 07, but for some screwed it back up in 08...
Old 05-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #51

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 09 Gillette Stadium Trailer: GameTrailers

What i immediately noticed (aside from the obvious improvements) is the ability to call up the replays very quickly. I love watching the replays after 90% of my plays and it was always a chore going into the menu and calling up the replay. I know it is a little thing but i like to see that stuff added.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2008, 10:54 AM   #52
All Star

OVR: 21

Looks better than '08 but... it's the same old "that's not saying much". Their presentation take is splashy, but I think they could've done more w/less. With NBC, Fox, ESPN, and even the NFL Network to choose to model a presentation style after, it's like they're trying to define their own - not like it's a huge problem, just saying... what was in the video wasn't immediately impressive, just flashier. Is the replay window just that - only showing the replay itself, not having the commentators focus on the specifics of the previous play? Like focusing on the guard making a great block or penalty, a DB getting beat/making a good play, etc. - just from their perspective. Obviously it's been done, and that's tv-style presentation. Seems like Tiburon's has their own take on tv-style presentation; going to take more video to get an idea of where they're headed. Looks like the helmet intros are back (don't like them). Outside stadium shot looked great.

Gameplay-wise, the game still has it's player interaction issues - animations flow a little better but they still are lacking. Lack of a QB pocket seems to stand out more in Madden than it does in NCAA; it's like the game invites you to move to the right or left after the snap - or just run backwards (QB anims suck; need to be overhauled). Player models are too lanky and somewhat hunchbacked but that may be fixed before release. Would be nice to see more pre-snap movement. Tiburon's done a pretty good job with mid-air collisions and the lighting looks good. Game still has a good 2 - 2 1/2 months of tweaking I guess, so that's good

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #53
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

not to rain on the lighting parade but

they messed up...their 'faking' the daylight

based on the player shadows, the sun is to the RIGHT of the lighthouse......using google earth shows that the lighthouse is at the north end of the stadium (field runs generally north/south).

only time the sun would be in that position would be june 21st at SUNRISE (even that might be a stretch)

oh well
Old 05-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 6
ALL I CAN SAY WOW FOR NINTENDO WII GRAPHICS THAT WAS NICE !!
besides the shadows and the lightning i didnt see anything that impressed me !! its funny how we'll end up buy this crap again this year cuz its the only football game !!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 11:29 AM   #55
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
The sun light on the field made it seem like the game was being played at 9am in the morning.

I hope those were not the final player models. Pretty much all the players looked too lanky. And Vince Wilfork DOES NOT have a wash board stomach. I hope that gets worked on.
I'm with this guy. I still have concerns with the o-line blocking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #56
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Guys. Please tell me if im wrong BUT. Did you guys see the way Brady had the ball in his hands before he threw it to Moss? He was holding it down toward his hips like he really does in REALITY. It was different than the way Manning was holding the ball in the game. Am i seeing things guys?! Did they really do QB specific throwing animations?

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »