Home

Why are we not allowed to be honest about Madden?

This is a discussion on Why are we not allowed to be honest about Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #17
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Why are we not allowed to be honest about Madden?

The whole notion that criticism has been disallowed on the OS Madden forums is so ridiculous that it borders on the surreal.

This tone of this forum has been pretty much a hate fest for all things EA related for at least five years. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional.

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-03-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #18
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
The whole notion that criticism has been disallowed on the OS Madden forums is so ridiculous that it borders on the surreal.

This tone of this forum has been pretty much a hate feast for all things EA related for at least five years. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional.
I wouldn't say a hate feast for EA, but more so Madden. NCAA has mostly been praised here until recently.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Briankingsfan -

I didn't quote your posts, because they are quite lengthy..

I agree with what you said. I don't have a problem as I've said with people criticizing the game, as I do myself. All the issues that you mentioned are legit issues and I couldn't agree more that they hamper the gameplay is some fashion. Also, I am disappointed that EA has the ESPN license but does not use it in the manner they said they bought it for and that is aggrevating as all get out.

And I also agree that at times, people are told to not buy the game if they have a problem with it. People should be allowed to air out their grievences(sp?) and bring the attention to any and all issues with the game. However, with that said, some people will continously bring up these issues over and over again, and not really for the point of discussing, but just to "rain on the parade" of someone who has mentioned something positive about the game.

I admit that I am a fan of Madden and a fan of EA. Dispite the issues and shortcomings, I like and enjoy the game and for some reason or another, that bugs some people.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
the insult was the mention of the search function.

And you are completely missing my point. And with that, I am done talking about this. You are now doing nothing more than looking for an argument. I've tried to explain what I get upset about and even pjv has tried pointing this out, but either you don't understand my point or choose not to understand my point.

Have a good day..
No, its not that I dont understand your point as much as its you dont have one when you consider that most of the people complaining are people who have actually played the game, yet you confront everyone who voices displeasure when it doesnt accomany an essay in bing, bang, and bongo format to support that opinion. Ive addressed your point that you and others are treating all dissension like its the same voice.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #21
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I wouldn't say a hate feast for EA, but more so Madden. NCAA has mostly been praised here until recently.
Perhaps. Nonetheless, I stand by my premise that the tone of this particular forum has been consistently negative for years.

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-03-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
No, its not that I dont understand your point as much as its you dont have one when you consider that most of the people complaining are people who have actually played the game, yet you confront everyone who voices displeasure when it doesnt accomany an essay in bing, bang, and bongo format to support that opinion. Ive addressed your point that you and others are treating all dissension like its the same voice.
that post right there, tells me that you do not understand my point. I've explained my point the best I can and if you still don't get it, well theres nothing more that I can do.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
that post right there, tells me that you do not understand my point. I've explained my point the best I can and if you still don't get it, well theres nothing more that I can do.

No, youve said that not everyone who complains is a troll. But look at how frequently you confront dissention. It doesnt exactly reconcile with what you say here.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #24
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Perhaps. Nonetheless, I stand by my premise that the tone of this particularly forum has been consistently negative for years.
Well I can't argue that it has been negative towards EA, but I think alot of the negativity is deserved. Some of the constant hate is definitely not needed and uncalled for, but the fanboys swooping into rescue EA is just as bad. I was just called an EA ***** the other day which I found hilarious. Considering I've owned most of their games since the beginning. Fans such as myself just get tired of their lack of effort. Especially with these amazing systems at hand.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »