Home

Back to Our Roots!

This is a discussion on Back to Our Roots! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Back to Our Roots!

This may sound strange, but this is why I play the lottery. Just hoping for a little money to invest in an idea like this. It looks like no one else is going to do it. It is either OS or never.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #10
Pro

BrianKingsFan...you hit the nail on the head. Contrary to popular belief by implementing these ideas tournaments would take on an entire new shape and form. Guys would simply adjust to the new style of gameplay and learn to think their way through a game vice finding ways to exploit poor AI and glitches. When I talk to younger kids 18 and under about football it amazes me how low their football IQ truly is. When I try to explain to them that explosive plays on offense (20+ yards or more) occur because of 1 of 3 things. Dynamic players making big plays ie (Adrian Peterson,Devin Hester, Ladanian Tomlinson..etc), exploiting a mismatch found in specific defensive sets ie (Reggie Bush taking that swing pass to the house against the Bears in the NFC championship game 2 years ago because Coach Payton recognized the Bears always put a linebacker on Reggie in that offensive set) and the infamous defensive blown assignment ie (the Patriots pulling a guard to simulate run blocking off playaction forcing the low football IQ'd safety to bite allowing Randy Moss to streak behind him for an unabated quick six). I tell that to young kids and the look at me with blank stares!
Old 05-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #11
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Awesome post. But, to do all those things you would need a new gameplay engine. Obviously after 8+ years of the same engine you'd think a new engine was coming. But it's not. Maybe for the next set of consoles.

It appears (as has been said in other threads) that the developers or suits are:

a. unable to implement this in the programming of this engine...

or b. not interested in doing so.

Either way we lose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #12
Pro

UMD...you are totally correct in your thought process and make 2 very valid points. Hopefully, the latter is not correct. My entire point behind starting this thread was try to enlighten others that come to this board on the basic things a football game should entail. I have made the personal decision to no longer blindly accept a game that has fundamental flaws in it's makeup and I plan on doing it an educated manner without getting into a bashfest about EA. I am glad others like yourself have chosen to do so in the same manner I have. We both know that if you went and bought Word Perfect for your computer and once you downloaded the software it would not allow you to spellcheck, change fonts, or delete you would be disappointed. In the year 2009 I just find it hard to believe that with the level of football knowledgen and capable software programers we are unable to see a true QB pocket form, weather affect they style of a game, have refs on the field, fieldgoal nets, interactive sidelines, team specific styles of play, cutscenes to players looking at still pictures on the sidelines or celebrating a big play, or showing fans (ie the Dogg Pound in Cleveland, Raidernation in Oakland, the Hog in DC) rooting for their favorite team. It's time for us to let our voices be heard on what we expect from a game which has been built for NG consoles.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #13
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Awesome post. But, to do all those things you would need a new gameplay engine. Obviously after 8+ years of the same engine you'd think a new engine was coming. But it's not. Maybe for the next set of consoles.

It appears (as has been said in other threads) that the developers or suits are:

a. unable to implement this in the programming of this engine...

or b. not interested in doing so.

Either way we lose.

Anyone seen "Knocked Up"....where Ryan Seacrest goes on his rant.......and says why can't people just "Cut the S***".....

If I had my chance I'd say that and ask for specific reasons as to why a company as big as EA(Who can almost buy up Take-Two) can't get the resources/produce the great things listed in this thread, into their games.

No BS PR answer just "Cut the S***" and tell me specifically whats the hold up on all of these issues.

No one in the sports gaming media ever gets on these guys at EA/Tiburon like they need to. They need to embarrass them a little . When EA had competition..in a way they had that, by the others showing them up on this feature or that. But now it relys solely on the Sports Gaming Media to call them out on this stuff and I find it lacking

They all want to be little insiders, and get party bags and meet cover boys....instead of doing their job for their fans. Now sure you could say...well if they did that then they wouldn't get any access to the game anymore and wouldn't be able to relate our input to EA.......

But I ask how much has kissing EA's *** and being friendly....really gotten us????

Someone needs to have the balls to say to them "Cut the S***"...instead of just accepting mediocrity and letting all the issues brought up in this thread and many others around sports forums, go unheard

Here's the main fact though

There is just no justifiable reason(for us I don't give a crap about their bottem line and you shouldn't either), given how much coin EA has that these NG games should be this mediocre.

Sorry if my rant got excessive...I'll go play some more GTA IV

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 05-05-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #14
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

finally a thread where there is intelligent criticism.

i agree with the thread starter and others who have spoke here. madden does need to be more "in depth and sim-like" for us hardcore gamers. nothing pisses me off more than watching madden tournaments and/or playing online and watching IDIOTS cheese thier way to victory. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PICK THE SAME PLAY OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND BE SUCCESFULL WHEN I PICK THE RIGHT DEFENSE TO DEFEND IT!!!

these madden tournaments are stupid to watch because these guys arent really that good. u got people FB DIVING thier way down the field and stuff. or when i play online, after successfully running up the middle a couple of times my opponent pinches his d-lineman. ok cool. now i run a toss play. but no! his lineman still runs out and tackles me for a 1 yard loss (with justin fargas who is not slow) even though his lineman were pinched and his DE has 70 speed and 72 acceleration!!!
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 05-05-2008, 03:45 PM   #15
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26

Great post Rashad!

Unfortunately, until EA gets rid of Tiburon none of this will happen...Tiburon only knows how to develop Madden and not real strategic Football.

Its disappointing because EA cant/doesnt have a problem with that because of the ridiculous amount of money they have made together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #16
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Anyone seen "Knocked Up"....where Ryan Seacrest goes on his rant.......and says why can't people just "Cut the S***".....

If I had my chance I'd say that and ask for specific reasons as to why a company as big as EA(Who can almost buy up Take-Two) can't get the resources/produce the great things listed in this thread, into their games.

No BS PR answer just "Cut the S***" and tell me specifically whats the hold up on all of these issues.

No one in the sports gaming media ever gets on these guys at EA/Tiburon like they need to. They need to embarrass them a little . When EA had competition..in a way they had that, by the others showing them up on this feature or that. But now it relys solely on the Sports Gaming Media to call them out on this stuff and I find it lacking

They all want to be little insiders, and get party bags and meet cover boys....instead of doing their job for their fans. Now sure you could say...well if they did that then they wouldn't get any access to the game anymore and wouldn't be able to relate our input to EA.......

But I ask how much has kissing EA's *** and being friendly....really gotten us????

Someone needs to have the balls to say to them "Cut the S***"...instead of just accepting mediocrity and letting all the issues brought up in this thread and many others around sports forums, go unheard

Here's the main fact though

There is just no justifiable reason(for us I don't give a crap about their bottem line and you shouldn't either), given how much coin EA has that these NG games should be this mediocre.

Sorry if my rant got excessive...I'll go play some more GTA IV

I completely agree. That feeling always comes over me everytime I read a review/impression of one of EA's sports games. But I understand the sports media's position especially those sites like pastapadre, ncaastrategies, etc: they only have so much leeway they can use against EA. I'm sure they don't want to be too tough and ruin future opportunites for exclusives.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »