Home

Madden 09: How will you Franchise?

This is a discussion on Madden 09: How will you Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2008, 01:58 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 09: How will you Franchise?

For me its simple. Take the worst team (Lions, Dolphins, Raiders, Texans) and then try and build them into a Super Bowl team.

I usually do a Simulation Franchise rather than playing all the games.

I create myself at either QB, RB or WR. My Overall rating is defined by the position. For QB i can not be over 80 overall, at RB no higher than 81 and for WR no higher than 79.

I then start the rebuilding process. Usually i start with a QB (if im not at that position). My thinking is always go young. I get a young QB, RB, WR, TE, LBs and CBs. All the others can be filled in as i go with older players.

I never keep my picks. I always trade them away for proven players because....well because when i have the 1st round 5th pick and i pick a corner that should be my Franchise corner and he has 38 PRC with his 65 awareness well that kinda bums me out. Also i never cheat during a trade. If i make a trade for Bills LT Jason Peters (96 overall) i make sure i give them a 84+ guy to fill his spot with the picks i give them also in the trade.

It usually takes me 2 or 3 seasons to get a good team but once i have then i get deep in the playoffs every single year.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:03 AM   #50
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Madden 09: How will you Franchise?

Make Caps in NCAA. Make them freaks and set school records at USC. Draft them to my team. And own .
Old 01-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1
I also am very indecisive with my franchises. I think I have done about 10 so far on madden 09 and I'm about to change again. I guess this is more common than I'd thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2
The best way to run a franchise is by doing a fantasy draft and just play everything out, at leat thats what I do. One time in madden 08 I was the patiriots and I drafted peyton manning lol. imagine peyton on the patriots!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »