Home

Madden NFL 09 Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09 Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #41
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 09 Preview

Great to see that CPU v CPU is back..hallelujah!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #42
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14
In game saves, they will add it in, since someone comfirmed it, they are going to have to include it, coz if it is in the game, then....I am happy so far, I am being optimistic about it, I think it will be a playable game this year!
Old 05-09-2008, 05:24 PM   #43
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
No he's bitching about the backtrack feature where it could be turn off.
You continue to miss the point....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
On or Off, its a ridiculous feature, and time spent implementing it could have been put to much better use.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:46 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 8
I am with those who think it is silly that gameplay apparently isn't one of the top two priorities and the time spent on these new lame features could have been put to gameplay. The ONLY good thing I can see with that backtrack crap is using it after the game screws me into some bogus INT (you know, super LB or CB that magically picks off a pass he doesn't even see) but that is it.

How about EA fixes the way too often fumbles and INTs. How about EA fixes the horrible pass blocking? How about EA makes it so my CPU controlled DL actually get pressure. How about EA adds official 4 player co-op ability. How about EA allows you to play co-op online. How about EA makes the sliders actually WORK (they don't in 08). How about they fix the thing where players in simulated games have 2 INTs counted when they really only got one and this same bug showing up in the team stats area. This has been in the game FOR MORE THAN THREE YEARS yet bam, not fixed.

I could go on and on but what's the point. Unless somehow this game actually has real improvements i won't be buying which sadly won't matter one bit because many will keep buying this constantly broken game every year.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
The NFL roster is 53. I would love to have cut to 53 in the pre season.
I'm talking about having a practice squad. Also your guys on injured reserved shouldn't count against or roster and you should be able to place players on IR with a bad injury so you can sign a healthy player to help your team out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #46
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I'm talking about having a practice squad. Also your guys on injured reserved shouldn't count against or roster and you should be able to place players on IR with a bad injury so you can sign a healthy player to help your team out.
You know for sure thats not in the game? I didn't see any detail other then HC has 70 man roster, Madden 09 has 53.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Thanks Steve for asking for us. I am pumped that there is a half-time show this year. I am starting to have hope in this game.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
You continue to miss the point....
I got your point man, and I totally agree with you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »