Home

Could EA make two football games?

This is a discussion on Could EA make two football games? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #49
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Could EA make two football games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
So many of the haters can't seem to grasp the realities of building a game that must be released on a yearly basis. I wonder what the world would have thought of a GTA4 if had been released with one year's worth of dev time being built from the ground up. Two years? The reviews, bugs, and glitches would've been abysmal. Despite what the haters have been trying to say, NG Madden has been built from the ground up. And it will take time to get the game to where many feel it needs to go wit ha yearly release.......just like the last gen. Go pop in a copy of NFL2K for Dreamcast. Then play NFL2K1 and tell me there's a ton of difference. Then pop in NFL2K5. A TON of difference. Same engine, hugely different game. Why is that? The answer is development time. You could apply the same formula and experiment to the Madden of LG and the result would be exactly the same.

Somebody mentioned Bioshock and Call of Duty. Those games were in production for several years before they were released. And when they were released there were still glitches and bugs. Hell, COD's online service was busted for some time after it came out. Ask yourselves OBJECTIVELY how those games would have played if released after a year of development, and then a sequal a year later. The same principles would apply.
The same animations, same gameplay, same AI, disagree with you.

and comparing Maddens (or any sports games) cycle to that of other genres is pointless.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #50
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
That's like sweeping dirt under the rug because you're too lazy to throw it in the garbage.

You're not wanting to compare last gen to this gen is because this gen of Madden has pretty much sucked. To take a terrible (I mean truly lackluster) effort like Madden 06 and make it like they're improving (by just) a bit each year is ridiculous. That football game was so poor it had nowhere to go but up.

If EA is to be complemented (new improvements! new features!) for re-adding old features they should be trashed for the ones that haven't be re-added yet.
All I said is that the game is making improvements. Never said that it was leaps and bounds above the last gen game(because I think last gen is better) and never said that EA should be given a medal for adding in things that were omitted from last gen to current gen.

I said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't think anybody is settling for anything. They are playing a game that they get enjoyment from. At the same time, they are looking forward to improvements each and every year. Maybe the improvements aren't coming on the grand scale that some believe they should, but they are coming.
Thats all I said and it was in response to someone stating that people who buy the game are settling. Thats it. And now, this is where it has run to. I never made mention of how great the improvements are, what they are, how much credit EA should be given, or how great EA is for adding these improvements, but yet I am "attacked" for making such a comment and am somewhat "forced" into explaining my reasoning/thinking. You guys assumed thats what I meant and took it as yet another opportunity to tell someone how wrong they are.

What do you guys want for those of us who like the game? I truly would like to know. What do we have to say, believe, or do to get you guys to accept our position and respect it? I am asking honestly, because this is really getting ridiculous. Maybe I am jumping off a ledge or going overboard or taking things too far, but you know what I don't care. I've had to "defend" my enjoyment of the game the first time I mentioned it and quite frankly, I am tired of doing it. So flame me, ban me, lock me in the cell, I don't care. I am sick and tired of making a comment and being forced to defend it, as though I am being graded on my opinion.

So tell me. I really would like to know.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #51
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
All I said is that the game is making improvements. Never said that it was leaps and bounds above the last gen game(because I think last gen is better) and never said that EA should be given a medal for adding in things that were omitted from last gen to current gen.

I said....

Thats all I said and it was in response to someone stating that people who buy the game are settling. Thats it. And now, this is where it has run to. I never made mention of how great the improvements are, what they are, how much credit EA should be given, or how great EA is for adding these improvements, but yet I am "attacked" for making such a comment and am somewhat "forced" into explaining my reasoning/thinking. You guys assumed thats what I meant and took it as yet another opportunity to tell someone how wrong they are.

What do you guys want for those of us who like the game? I truly would like to know. What do we have to say, believe, or do to get you guys to accept our position and respect it? I am asking honestly, because this is really getting ridiculous. Maybe I am jumping off a ledge or going overboard or taking things too far, but you know what I don't care. I've had to "defend" my enjoyment of the game the first time I mentioned it and quite frankly, I am tired of doing it. So flame me, ban me, lock me in the cell, I don't care. I am sick and tired of making a comment and being forced to defend it, as though I am being graded on my opinion.

So tell me. I really would like to know.
Maybe be you need a forum vacation. Perhaps EA Sports World?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #52
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Awww cmon, lol. There are cats alot worse than CB. If you analyze his posts he's just a EA football fan. He's nowhere near a fanboy IMO. Forgiving to EA, maybe a little more than your average, but nowhere near a fanboy.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #53
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
maybe I do.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #54
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz

Somebody mentioned Bioshock and Call of Duty. Those games were in production for several years before they were released. And when they were released there were still glitches and bugs. Hell, COD's online service was busted for some time after it came out. Ask yourselves OBJECTIVELY how those games would have played if released after a year of development, and then a sequal a year later. The same principles would apply.
Wow, way to take my post out of context. Go back and re-read what I said in regards to to those games.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 05-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #55
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Awww cmon, lol. There are cats alot worse than CB. If you analyze his posts he's just a EA football fan. He's nowhere near a fanboy IMO. Forgiving to EA, maybe a little more than your average, but nowhere near a fanboy.
It was a joke. He got it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 07:55 PM   #56
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
thanks Sage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »