Home

What's the problem with EA?

This is a discussion on What's the problem with EA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
What's the problem with EA?

For the last few years, EA has not been living up to its expectations. Why do you think that is?

a. Lazy - they have the resources and funds to do the work, but they chose not to. They have the license and don't need to work.

b. Marketing - the fans will come back year after year and our ideas run thin, so let's give them as little as possible at a time. Don't make the "perfect" game all at once.

c. Skill - they aren't capable of creating a fresh engine that is more football and presentation savy than the competition

d. Apathy - OS and other message boards are only 5% of the gaming community and we will have the casual consumer on lock, so we'll tell them anything to assuage them and do us.

e. Other

I used to think it was an issue of laziness and/or marketing, but I'm starting to think that they just aren't that talented. It's like once the next gen systems hit, they were dumbfounded, how do u have FG nets in current gen, but not next gen, simple things

*I know I can create a "real poll" but these are ideas for thought.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: What's the problem with EA?

IMO it's marketing.

I think laziness should be thrown out the window since the people who make the decisions on what work will be done aren't the people who do the actual work.

Edit: Here's a post by LBzrule that is dead on and answers your question: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038347693

Last edited by mercalnd; 05-09-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
For the last few years, EA has not been living up to its expectations. Why do you think that is?

a. Lazy - they have the resources and funds to do the work, but they chose not to. They have the license and don't need to work.

b. Marketing - the fans will come back year after year and our ideas run thin, so let's give them as little as possible at a time. Don't make the "perfect" game all at once.

c. Skill - they aren't capable of creating a fresh engine that is more football and presentation savy than the competition

d. Apathy - OS and other message boards are only 5% of the gaming community and we will have the casual consumer on lock, so we'll tell them anything to assuage them and do us.

e. Other

I used to think it was an issue of laziness and/or marketing, but I'm starting to think that they just aren't that talented. It's like once the next gen systems hit, they were dumbfounded, how do u have FG nets in current gen, but not next gen, simple things

*I know I can create a "real poll" but these are ideas for thought.
I'm not sure I understand the initial question.

For the past few years, people have been screaming for presentation and lose the radio guy. EA beefs up presentation and brings back the audio booth and people are now wanting better game play.

EA is in a position where it can't win with some people.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I'll take B,C, and D

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm not sure I understand the initial question.

For the past few years, people have been screaming for presentation and lose the radio guy. EA beefs up presentation and brings back the audio booth and people are now wanting better game play.

EA is in a position where it can't win with some people.
God forbid people complain about the fact that the biggest addition to the game is something that was in Madden 15 years ago (an actual announce team).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It's a combination of lack of talent and the suits wasting too much time on certain aspects of the game that most of us don't care about IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears5122
God forbid people complain about the fact that the biggest addition to the game is something that was in Madden 15 years ago (an actual announce team).
the announce team is not the biggest addition into Madden this year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #8
Rookie

AftershockFx's Arena

OVR: 6

Lack of competition is EA's biggest problem. I mean realistically why would they try to improve a product by a huge margin if there's no competition that could potentially take away their consumers ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »