Home

Even if PS3 version is 60fps, how will it look compared to 360?

This is a discussion on Even if PS3 version is 60fps, how will it look compared to 360? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2008, 10:05 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Even if PS3 version is 60fps, how will it look compared to 360?

Just pick it depending on which controller you prefer. They're gonna be too close graphically to make a difference.

And why is this dude comparing MLB 08 to 2k8?
Old 05-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #10
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Note: This post may sound argumentative, but it is NOT meant to be.

Are you talking about putting the 09 versions of Madden together or the 08 versions...b/c if you are talking about Madden or Live 08 -

Are you kidding me?!?! Have you seen both versions of NBA Live 08? It's like the 360 version is a full year ahead of the PS3 version. You don't need to put Halle Berry side-by-side with Ugly Betty to be able to tell one blows the other out of the water. I'm sorry man, but I'm really trying to get an answer to a question that, IMHO, deserves to be answered (as far a sports video-gaming goes) knowledgeably.

As a matter-of-fact, if you put the PS3 version of Live 08 (or Madden 08) side-by-side with the 360 version, the TV that the PS3 version is playing on might explode.
Did you not read my post?

The Live series had threes years of installation time on the 360. While on the PS3 one. It took three times to get it to run at 60 FPS on the 360. While it took just one installation to get it to run at 60 FPS. (Even if it wasn't as good.) This isn't a fair comparison. This is year will be a much fairer comparison.

Same goes for Madden.

It took three years to get it at 60 FPS on the 360. This is the third game on the PS3 as well.

This year will be the true comparison how EA has faired on the PS3.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:29 PM   #11
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus GTR
Did you not read my post?

The Live series had threes years of installation time on the 360. While on the PS3 one. It took three times to get it to run at 60 FPS on the 360. While it took just one installation to get it to run at 60 FPS. (Even if it wasn't as good.) This isn't a fair comparison. This is year will be a much fairer comparison.

Same goes for Madden.

It took three years to get it at 60 FPS on the 360. This is the third game on the PS3 as well.

This year will be the true comparison how EA has faired on the PS3.
Yeah, I read your post, but in all fairness I could ask you the same question, b/c we are talking about 2 different things. No offense, but it's on YOU to respond accurately to MY post, since it is the subject of the thread...not the other way around.

Not to say that your post doesn't make sense in its own context, it does. But what if in it's 3rd year the PS3 version ('09) is on par visually with Madden's 3rd year on the 360 ('08)...that still doesn't answer my question, which is "will both versions of '09 be on par visually or will the Ps3 version still come up visually short despite being 60 fps."

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

Last edited by inkcil; 05-10-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: further clarification
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2008, 10:37 PM   #12
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

well.....it's a tough question to get an answer for right now

who here has it?

so yeah, speculation will run rampant in this thread

sorry bro

it is what it is
Old 05-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #13
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Yeah, I read your post, but in all fairness I could ask you the same question, b/c we are talking about 2 different things. No offense, but it's on YOU to respond accurately to MY post, since it is the subject of the thread...not the other way around.

Not to say that your post doesn't make sense in its own context, it does. But what if in it's 3rd year the PS3 version ('09) is on par visually with Madden's 3rd year on the 360 ('08)...that still doesn't answer my question, which is "will both versions of '09 be on par visually or will the Ps3 version still come up visually short despite being 60 fps."
In all honestly I think it will.

I'm not stating that 09 of the PS3 will be on par of 08 of the 360. I'm just saying it should be on par with the 09 version of the 360.

I don't want to make excuses for EA but 360 was out earlier, the 360 had better all around tools, and the 360 has a familiar architecture.

Those that have played the latest builds of NCAA 09 have all stated both versions are identical and if anything the PS3 version has better response. This has been stated by several places like IGN, PSU, PastaPadre.

We will see if this holds to the truth.

I think for the sake of EA both versions have to be pretty much identical. If it isn't, there will be no excuse.

Games like Burnout, GTA, DMC, COD, all games that graphically superior are exactly the same on both systems. Personal preference might say one is better on the other.

This year there is no excuse for EA. I think once NCAA hits in a couple months this discussion will be dead.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #14
All Star

inkcil's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus GTR
This year there is no excuse for EA. I think once NCAA hits in a couple months this discussion will be dead.
Yeah, I agree. It is a long couple of months though.

Now Playing:

Old 05-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #15
All Star

inkcil's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
well.....it's a tough question to get an answer for right now

who here has it?

so yeah, speculation will run rampant in this thread

sorry bro

it is what it is
Yeah, I almost feel dumb for asking this early...it was just on my mind, especially with all the new vids and info coming out lately.

Now Playing:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Note: This post may sound argumentative, but it is NOT meant to be.

Are you talking about putting the 09 versions of Madden together or the 08 versions...b/c if you are talking about Madden or Live 08 -

Are you kidding me?!?! Have you seen both versions of NBA Live 08? It's like the 360 version is a full year ahead of the PS3 version. You don't need to put Halle Berry side-by-side with Ugly Betty to be able to tell one blows the other out of the water. I'm sorry man, but I'm really trying to get an answer to a question that, IMHO, deserves to be answered (as far a sports video-gaming goes) knowledgeably.

As a matter-of-fact, if you put the PS3 version of Live 08 (or Madden 08) side-by-side with the 360 version, the TV that the PS3 version is playing on might explode.

I am talking about this year's version. EA and gaming sites that have seen both keep saying that they are identical. So unless you are going to play both, the chances of you really noticing a difference is minute.

And I do agree with Madden '08(didn't play Live). There was a very noticeable difference between the 2.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »