Home

How can Madden distinguish QBs?

This is a discussion on How can Madden distinguish QBs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2008, 08:57 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: How can Madden distinguish QBs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
for CPU QB's

have a brady/manning maintain pocket presence b4 firing to receiver

guys like grossman/losman, have them dance around ---some animations that show distress in the pocket (happy feet and head scanning left/right looking for his target)

then 'mis-throws'....balls that sail, behind receiver, lead receiver too much animations...over throws on long balls

ah....dreamy times
That just makes too much sense.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Didn't they hype up the accurate and rocket arm passer player Icon last year?

EA always add some fluff feature that never does what it's suppose to.

I can barely tell the different between Drew Brees (accurate passer icon) and John Kitna (no icons) in this franchise.......

How about all of those ratings that the QB's have in Madden?

They mean NOTHING because the ratings do not translate to how the QB's play in-game.

There is just too much wrong with EA's football games 'under the hood' IMO.

And the bogus QB/player ratings that do nothing to actual gameplay is a major one.

SMH........
Old 05-10-2008, 10:20 PM   #11
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

They don't want to leave too much up to the QB's stats because that would detract from their casual user's fun. They like to think when they drop back and run around and sling it deep for an 80 yard TD every play that they're really something, baby. Oh yeah, I could have been an NFL QB if I wanted to. If I had just stuck with it after high school. Uncle Rico baby. I could throw it over them mountains. Having bad QB's play like bad QB's would get in the way of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2008, 10:56 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Hell, i would settle right now with qb specific throwing animations. I hate how every quarterback held and threw the ball the same way in previous maddens. Its always bugged me. They got some of the bignamed quarterbacks voices for the candences in the game, couldnt they mo-cap their throwing animations too?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
Didn't they hype up the accurate and rocket arm passer player Icon last year?

EA always add some fluff feature that never does what it's suppose to.

I can barely tell the different between Drew Brees (accurate passer icon) and John Kitna (no icons) in this franchise.......

How about all of those ratings that the QB's have in Madden?

They mean NOTHING because the ratings do not translate to how the QB's play in-game.

There is just too much wrong with EA's football games 'under the hood' IMO.

And the bogus QB/player ratings that do nothing to actual gameplay is a major one.

SMH........
Not to sound like a *****, but how does this have anything to do with the topic? All you did was just bash the game.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:04 PM   #14
Rookie

chitownballa's Arena

OVR: 2

This is hard because, unlike any other player in Madden, the user always controls the QB. So you want to make it so that the best QBs stand out from the pack, but you also don't want to take too much of the control out of the user's hands. I think it's what people have said before... the worse QBs have inaccurate passes, don't throw the ball as hard, their footwork is worse, etc... stuff where it's still possible to play well with a crappy QB, just much more difficult
Old 05-11-2008, 12:50 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well if you are worried about having bad QB play then pick a team with a good QB. If Peyton Manning and Tavaris Jackson have the same passing abilities abilities then whats even the point of using the Colts. The Vikings would be a better team to use because the main weakness (QB) is now non exsistant because every QB throws the same in Madden. In fact Jackson would be better at QB because he is faster. This is the reason Madden has to distinguish a good QB from a bad QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2008, 12:59 AM   #16
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

A few quick ideas, some are original, some are ideas from other posters that I like:

-Player specific throwing animations
-Different release points/times (how many times is the QB's arm to the release point, only to have the QB take the sack, or vise versa)
-Vibrating pocket presence (I had this idea a few years back, and saw a member post the idea. Would be good to implement)
-Rattling Factor (Similar to NCAA. Rookies would not handle pressure well, but the vets wouldnt be phased)
-Tendencies (Does the QB like the shorter, methodical game, or does he like to force passes downfield for the big play?)

Just a few ideas, as some would be fairly easy to implement, and others a little harder. I just really hope for player specific throwing animtions and different release times for each QB.

I want Romo to sling the ball out quick as lightning, not take 20 years to throw it like Delhomme. Also it would help distinguish whether it would be a sack or not during those situations where you've pressed the button to throw and a defender is right by you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »