Home

Size (or lack there of) of the linemen/big bodies in 09???

This is a discussion on Size (or lack there of) of the linemen/big bodies in 09??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Size (or lack there of) of the linemen/big bodies in 09???

Is anybody else starting to worry that all linemen on both sides of the ball are going to be the same size this year? I have not seen any evidence that fat linemen will actually be fat in any the footage or screens that have been released thus far.

I mean, in the gameplay vid last week of the Pats and Giants, it showed an up close view of Wilfork, and he displayed no size whatsoever. He is fat sack of blob and pushes 400 on the scales, but he looks like a muscle bound genetic freak of nature in the vid. In the pics released today showing the new camera angle, all the offensive linemen from what I can see seem to be the same exact size. Just tall, lanky versions of their actual selves.

I really hope they are planning on changing this and adding size discrepancy to the players that need it before the game is realized. If not, it will be an extreme disappointment.

I don't really care about refs being on the field, or sideline players that look last gen, or not having goalpost nets, but having all the players look like bodybuilders will be utterly upsetting to me. Can anybody tell me either way whether this will be changed, or if this is just the way it will be this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Size (or lack there of) of the linemen/big bodies in 09???

I take it this has been talked about since nobody is answering, so can someone at least guide me to the discussion about it? I can't find anything on here.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

It was discussed earlier but I don't know where the post is. No argument tho, player models DO NOT look good!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
It was discussed earlier but I don't know where the post is. No argument tho, player models DO NOT look good!
Wow, I'm completely opposite here from you. I think the player models look the best they ever have overall. However I do have the same concern the OP has bout the fatter lineman. I haven't seen enough of the lineman I know to be fat though to draw the same conclusion he seems to be implying.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Wow, I'm completely opposite here from you. I think the player models look the best they ever have overall. However I do have the same concern the OP has bout the fatter lineman. I haven't seen enough of the lineman I know to be fat though to draw the same conclusion he seems to be implying.
I didn't mean to imply they looked bad really...I think they look pretty good myself. I just think all the linemen look like ripped linebackers, especially Wilfork, who is anything but.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2008, 11:42 PM   #6
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah Hampton and Williams definitely need to have a little something on their guts.(Ones that really stick out)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »