Home

Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2008, 07:29 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 09, No In-Game Saves

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Imo, in-game saves should be in every sports game. This is a major disappointment for me personally.

I could care less about Chain gangs, and refs on the field, but in game saves are huge for me. There is no, and I mean no excuse for Madden in the year 2008 to not have something as basic as in-game saves.
I agree 100%. Other than eliminating the obvious glitches of 08' this is one feature I definitely expected to have again. Not getting this in is inexcuseable!!! For adult gamers no in-game saves makes the game much less playable as many of us just don't have time to play complete games in one sitting. So much for all the 09' hype ... I was starting to get excited about 09' but once again it appears EA will fall short of expectations ....
Old 05-13-2008, 07:50 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 17
Truly unbelievable we have been asking for this for more then 10 years. Thank Goodness we can play as mascots thought. Proof AGAIN how out of touch ea really is.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:11 AM   #11
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I could care less about Chain gangs, and refs on the field, but in game saves are huge for me.
Others have preferences, are just as important, and most don't tell other people that their's aren't important. I want user camera angle, but that isn't anymore important than someone else's wish, nor do I vocalize it.

Well sir, you should care more about chain gangs and refs, and every other little nuance that is left out. This is the 4th version on the new gen. and we consumers are shortchanged continually. When the little things are not going to be addressed, how can we expect anything big.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 08:16 AM   #12
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

If this isnt in there, but they fix all glitches, throw in presentation and basically complete the game, im fine with it. We will never have everything that we want.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:19 AM   #13
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
We will never have everything that we want.
We can at least expect what was once in the older versions, for crying out loud.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:45 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

What's even more interesting is this quote from the producer:

"We won't have in game saves this year. We hear the feedback, but we are focusing our remaining time on bug fixing, tuning, and polishing the game in the short time remaining this year."

I always knew the retail version of Madden was finished around the end of June every year.

His response kinda suggests that it will be finished even earlier this year, or around the same time.

They have already initiated the Quality Assurance (QA) phase, for this year's game. Which means they are already in the Final process of completing Madden09.

Hopefully, they catch the game killing bugs before they complete this title by the end of next month.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:37 AM   #15
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I agree 100%. Other than eliminating the obvious glitches of 08' this is one feature I definitely expected to have again. Not getting this in is inexcuseable!!! For adult gamers no in-game saves makes the game much less playable as many of us just don't have time to play complete games in one sitting. So much for all the 09' hype ... I was starting to get excited about 09' but once again it appears EA will fall short of expectations ....
Well said. There's no reason to not have in-game saves at this point...especially when they had it BACK IN 2004!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 09:46 AM   #16
MVP

Dondadda's Arena

OVR: 11
As a 32yo lifelong (since I was 7) sports gamer, IMHO this is the lowest point that the sports gaming industry has been at since the 2600 days. Just depressing. And, unfortunately, it's mostly EA's fault. Too bad.

Another shovel-worthy version of Madden? I hope not, but it's looking like the string of junk football releases is going to continue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »