Home

Madden 09: Tackling Engine Blog & Video

This is a discussion on Madden 09: Tackling Engine Blog & Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2008, 08:43 AM   #73
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden 09: Tackling Engine Blog & Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Great points!

I honestly don't see any "earth-shattering" difference between this video and 08'? If this is considered one of their biggest improvements for 09' I'd say their time would have been much better spent on implementing IN-GAME SAVES and ACCELERATED CLOCK.
Agreed
Old 05-15-2008, 08:59 AM   #74
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

The game looks fantastic. This is definitely one year that i must purchase madden (Didn't purchase 08)
Old 05-15-2008, 09:01 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 32

If someone could post this on youtube. I can't get this at work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Really? So no gameplay improvements needed as long as they have In-game saves and accelerated clock? IMO the new tackling animations are a big difference.
Clearly every one of us on this forum have stated time and time again that the gameplay glitches should be the #1 priority to be fixed. If they have in fact eliminated the vast array of glitches that made 08' the horrible game it is, then yes, I would say in-game saves and accelerated clock would be more important to me than anything I see in that video.

As I stated in my above post I do not see any dramatic difference between that video and a video of 08, which is why I made my statement. If the video had shown dramatic improvements such as accurate gang-tackling, etc, then my opinion might differ.

As many of the adult gamers have stated previously, IN-GAME SAVES is a significant option that makes the game much more playable because most of us don't have the time available to play complete one hour games at one setting (time required for accurately game) . The ability to play one quarter or one half at a time, or just being able to stop when an issue arises is a huge option for me and would definitely make for a much greater improvement than anything I see in that video!

Last edited by Steeler99; 05-15-2008 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Removed emotion
Old 05-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #77
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
OK, now your just being an idiot.
Buh-bye.

Obviously everyone wants to see a bug-free game, that isn't the issue here. Improving the basic interaction between players goes to the very core of Madden's gameplay, and will have a far greater impact than any other single change possibly could.

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-15-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:21 AM   #78
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15

Although I was not jumping out my seat while watching this video I did smile a few times which makes me want this game even more now. I don't remember so much info and video being released so early on Madden before, I think they are really trying to prove that they have made changes for the better and at the same time trying to win some customers back.
I'm sold....collectors edition will soon be mine
Old 05-15-2008, 09:32 AM   #79
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStylez
Although I don't remember so much info and video being released so early on Madden before, I think they are really trying to prove that they have made changes for the better and at the same time trying to win some customers back.
I think sales were down last year so the hype machine was put into over drive.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:34 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Obviously everyone wants to see a bug-free game, that isn't the issue here. Improving the basic interaction between players goes to the very core of Madden's gameplay, and will have a far greater impact than any other single change possibly could.
No argument here ... my point is I don't see that significant improvement in player interaction in this video. I really don't see an obvious difference between this video and what I have seen playing 08' as far as player interaction. That's my whole point to my initial post ... if they spent all their time working on that specific upgrade in lieu of adding other (frequently asked for options) then I feel they didn't give us the most "bang for our buck".

Everyone wants to see gameplay improved, but come on ... if EA is going to tell us that certain items (such as in-game saves) will not even be attempted this year because all of their time will be spent focusing on these gameplay issues, then we should be able to expect "significant" improvements in these focus areas?

Last edited by Steeler99; 05-15-2008 at 09:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »